February 23rd - Colette

Lucidicide

Oooh, a plastic Colette that actually looks like Colette? I like! Not enough to make me ditch the metal models I got in the meantime, but a vast improvement over the old design.

Not convinced about the Mannequin knives, that thing's gonna get confused with Coryphees so much.

Coryphee has huge ass blade hands in the art, not tiny ones like this Mannequin. :P

I'm curious what ass blades look like. :P

A smile would be nice, as would something other than flames in her hand, how about a pidgeon?. Other than that I'm personally not that big a fan of the wide leg pose she's got. Better than the preview, but still lacking.

The Mannequin on the other hand is fantastic, but it would be nice if the legs were a bit more mechanical. With the high socks and smooth legs they look a bit too human at the moment.

• Like 1

It's a lot better than I feared. Quite nice, actually.

Not a fan of the flame. It's just somehow really boring and unimaginative. The design of the hat is weird (feathers?) and the corset is strangely open in the front (what is underneath it?). And the pose is very blah.

OTOH I really like her hair. And really, due to the artwork setting the bar so low, I can't be anything but happy with this.

The Mannequin looks quite all right. It'll be interesting to see whether that pose works on a model or not but if it does, this could very well top the metal Mannequins.

See, now that's a large improvement over the artwork that was spoiled somewhere around Gencon, if I remember correctly. Those goggles really didn't cut it.
Her hair looks great and flashy, although I do prefer her short curly style from the old metal version.

Magical fire smoke/mirror/illusion stuff in her hand is also fine by me, but it'd be cool if we got a fan of cards and a Mechanical Dove as alternatives in her sprue. Would be cool, right? You know you'd like to aggree whole-heartedly. ^^

Minor points of criticism: arm braces are not an improvement over gloves. There is only one exception, and that would be a barbarian warrior. She is not a barbarian warrior. Ergo my point stands. ;)

Also: no stockings.

Last but not least: The hat. The hat is cool, don't get me wrong, and I love the fact that disappointment and criticism from us fans seemed to have made a difference. Bit with all the stitches it looks like something a Ressurectionst would wear. I think it would be more fitting if the material was crafted in a smoother fashion, similar to her boots.

Still, all in all, I love the new renders and although I'll probably stick with the original Colette, this one is definitely something I could accept as a worthy Ms Du Bois. Thank you!

Also: That new Mannequin is awesome! Hope it's not the Coryphee though.

Minor points of criticism: arm braces are not an improvement over gloves. There is only one exception, and that would be a barbarian warrior. She is not a barbarian warrior. Ergo my point stands. ;)

Oh man, I had somehow blanked out on the bracers o_O Those look indredibly daft and out of place. Wow. I mean, they don't ruin her or anything but that's a seriously bad design.

I think I'm going to shave of the lower ridge of the bracers and paint her hand as if she were wearing gloves. Perhaps remove the lacing as well. I'll probably paint her legs with stockings as well, the stocking tops would be hidden by the skirt anyway. It would be awesome if there is an alternate hand with cards.

Bracers are more sleeve-like and give her somewhere to hide her tricks, gloves aren't as useful as she'd have to keep going to the top end for the cards;) besides she needs something for the metal doves to land on and lace gloves would get shredded! This beats the awful old metal hands down for me:)

Better than the art in the book.

But why you don't just re do metal Collette in plastic I'll never know....

That stance is VERY unflattering.

I would have preferred she had kept her Wyrdness too, not just in the hat, and had left that Wild West Saloon lady dress to some other WW revival game (WWX?), but for some reason the artworks head office has been going further and further in the opposite direction of M1E style... And given the (maybe even too?) massive requests rate and positive feedback she has got just like this, we must accept that we're doomed to be partly unsatisfied and evidently wrong xD

This render is better than the artwork indeed, and the plastic model will surely be even better, but she still looks to me like she went for the most chastened dress and pose she could find around, though...

1403123581317.pngcould be at least: 166zygi.jpg actually: o0zdqa.jpg

P.s. Aaron profile pic = Narutifaux? xD

the problem with those images is that they are modernised fancy dress costumes, and don't really reflect the costumes of the period, most Saloon girls and dancers did wear 'scandalously short' skirts- but for the time that meant knee length, not hotpants, the only girls who wore the slit skirts and exposed thighs were the true 'Shady ladies' who sold themselves, not something I'd imagine Collette would be up to in her spare time.