How to use Lilith?

PositronMike

Is it really a :+fate to both attack and damage? I thought it was similar to Justice with dmg only?

That's her standard blade. With the upgrade it's what Oreaper said. (But don't compare them. Justice's does hurt so much more, but is way trickier to apply. Crit Strike is the kicker!)

I think the key to Lilith might be to make use of her flexibility. If you buy a certain combination of upgrades and models, you may fall into the trap of trying to make it work at all costs. Just remember: Swiss army knife! Just because it has a corkscrew doesn't mean you have to find a wine bottle. Use the flexibility instead.

• Like 1

Living Blade gives you: 3" reach,  :+fate  to Attack & Damage, and pounce
Basic attack is: 2" reach, and  :+fate to Damage
Both of these only gain the  :+fate if Lilith did NOT charge.

Also, as an aside, on the Colette game where I pustuled them, it was Barbaros in base contact, pustuled with Doppelganger 3 times, then when I did the Shaman I had saved  :crow for the trigger to heal him 3 health per Pustule (so 1 damage taken from pustule to do 2 :pulse to everyone else, then he heals 3).

I think the key to Lilith might be to make use of her flexibility. If you buy a certain combination of upgrades and models, you may fall into the trap of trying to make it work at all costs. Just remember: Swiss army knife! Just because it has a corkscrew doesn't mean you have to find a wine bottle. Use the flexibility instead.

This. Just because you have all the tools doesn't mean you have to use them every activation. The trick is finding the best tool(s) for the job at hand, even if that's something as simple as running away. I had Entourage once vs a Tara crew. Last activation for Lilith in that game, while I was in combat with Karina, I simply Tangled to my own guy toward the enemy half of the table, out of combat, and made a walk action to complete my objective. It wasn't fancy, but it did the job.

Lilith is pretty hype. I've been using her for a Slow Grow League and to be honest I might have to break up with my Fiancee so I can marry Lilith! I'm in love with her play style, It's like a cross between Misaki and Justice. A Hybrid of Guerilla Warfare and straight up face smashing. To top it all of I read somewhere on these forums Lilith can use Tangle Shadows to re-locate herself with the place effect which has come in very handy indeed! I've yet to find a reason to use it to relocate my own models other than Lilith but that will no doubt come up as I progress through my league. It's single handed won me games and it probably one of the best actions Lilith has. 

I'm still experimenting with different abilities and actions with each game but she is incredibly versatile and flexible although somewhat unforgiving if you don't use her as she is intended to be used. I find myself playing fairly cagey with her to begin with in each game but towards the end I go all out aggression because by turns 2-3 I've isolated and picked off the key threats from the enemy crew and can work her magic on the rest of them. I've been playing with Nephilim exclusively so far and plan to expand on that later but the theme crew are really cool with her. Lots of Black Blood antics to abuse!  :D

Also... Lilith is pretty hawt so that's reason enough to take her right?.... RIGHT?! 

This. Just because you have all the tools doesn't mean you have to use them every activation. The trick is finding the best tool(s) for the job at hand, even if that's something as simple as running away. I had Entourage once vs a Tara crew. Last activation for Lilith in that game, while I was in combat with Karina, I simply Tangled to my own guy toward the enemy half of the table, out of combat, and made a walk action to complete my objective. It wasn't fancy, but it did the job.

How does tangle move Lilith? I thought the wording would stop that happening.

Tangle is "Select a Friendly model within 6"

A model can be friendly to itself. As long as it doesn't specify "select other friendly model" or is a :pulse then you can target yourself with "friendly" spells and  :aura.

Also, Tangle is an attack action, so can be used to target your own friendly models with it and use them to hopscotch up models within 6" of Lilith, or herself, up to them, not just up to enemy models.

• Like 1

My biggest tip; don't forget to use Wicked Vines. It can be as good as a paralyse. The fact that you don't LoS to cast it is even better. The 16" range on Illusionary Forest is pretty darn good too. Especially in order to keep Lilith safe from enemy charges and shooting, but it can also disrupt enemies' LoS.

My biggest tip; don't forget to use Wicked Vines. It can be as good as a paralyse. The fact that you don't LoS to cast it is even better. The 16" range on Illusionary Forest is pretty darn good too. Especially in order to keep Lilith safe from enemy charges and shooting, but it can also disrupt enemies' LoS.

Agreed, after Lady J charged Lilith (and failed miserably) I hit her with Wicked Vines then Tangled Shadows myself with a friendly model to escape meaning LJ couldn't come after me. T'was glorious watching the realization of what I had done hit home when my opponent read the cards rules. 

Agreed, after Lady J charged Lilith (and failed miserably) I hit her with Wicked Vines then Tangled Shadows myself with a friendly model to escape meaning LJ couldn't come after me. T'was glorious watching the realization of what I had done hit home when my opponent read the cards rules. 

Haha, that is fantastic!

The more I play Lilith, I am getting more convinced that Wicked Vines are one of the best ways of spending her AP. 

Haha, that is fantastic!

The more I play Lilith, I am getting more convinced that Wicked Vines are one of the best ways of spending her AP. 

It is when you have a pissed off Lady J 8" away from you who REALLY wants to charge you again but can't even remove the Rooted condition from herself as her Restore Natural Order action is a  :pulse ;)

I've recently started using it and it's golden for pinning down key models when the enemy is foolish enough to overlook condition removal.

Got problems with Izamu? Rooted! Is Langston ruining your day? Rooted! Can't stop Lady Justice murdering everything? ROOTED!  :D

I've recently started using it and it's golden for pinning down key models when the enemy is foolish enough to overlook condition removal.

But I think It is matter of Local Meta. 

And in my opinion, If someone overlooks condition removal in malifaux, it means he/she needs to learn more things.   :lol:

• Like 1

Children! Don't make me call Momma Dirial in here to scold you two. Now play nice.  :D

I have been summoned?

Although the change from Father to Momma is kind of awkward... Is it that Mei Feng thing? Then I won't scold, but Scalding Breath!

Also, does this jumpsuit make may ass look big?