music of malifaux

Me and my group are putting together a playlist of music for malifaux. What are some songs that personify a character or mood of malifaux. Here is what I got.

Leveticus: aint no grave by jonny cash

Collett: ladies and gentlemen by saliva

collodi: ive got no strings by wendy and lisa

m&su: re-education (though labor) by rise against

rasputina: cold by static x

Zordia: season of the witch by blues brothers 2000

Molly: living dead gril by rob zombie

What else you got for me wyrdos

• Like 6

For Perdita, I think that Hola Ghost's Soldadera is utterly perfect

Sonnia is easy. There's like a dozen songs about burning witches that I know of but let's throw an old classic:

For Levi, well, he is pretty evil so pretty evil music fits him, I think:

Speaking of pretty evil, I think that Tara is also rather nasty, so let's plumb those depths!

• Like 5

The evil music is a great fit indeed!

Well,  Emilie Autumn always comes to my mind when I think about Malifaux. Maybe because of the whole pseudo Victorian thing.

This was my Seamus theme song when I played him - 

I am not sure why, but this reminds me of Rasputina, maybe because of the RRRRR's in the bridge and the whole apocalyptic vibe  -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzlgaDr2F8

For Neverborn I come to those Decemberists songs-

This for the raw hatred -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1NuFhXhgA 

And my Lilith theme song - 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

hmm... For Nicodem maybe "The good, the bad, the undead" from The 69 Eyes. Mostly cause I can see a mosh pit of Punk Zombies chanting the chorus of the song! XD

Also, I would love to see someone re-write the song "This is Halloween" from Nightmare Before Christmas to be "This is Malifaux"... that would be brilliant!

• Like 5

I always find myself humming 'Ecstacy of Gold' whenever Perdita hits the field.

Or a theme from a game i used to play, Timesplitters 2.

For Wong, for some reason I think of 'Friends on the Other Side' from Disney's The Princess and the Frog. I know that the religions are completely different - it's more how Facilier is willing to use anything to reach his goals ('I got voodoo, I got hoodoo, I got things I ain't even tried'), and I kind of imagine Wong having that same cavalier attitude to the Three Daemon Bag as long as it gets him what he wants.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well for Malifaux City in General several songs come to mind, "Ghost town" by Poco, "Is there anybody out there"," Comfortably Numb" and "Run like hell" by Pink Floyd, Strange Magic by ELO,  The System of Doctor Tar and Professor Feather", Lucifer, "Standing on Higher Ground, all the Alan Parsons Project.  "The Other Side of Life, House of the Doors, New Horizons, I know your out there somewhere by The Moody Blues. "Sunrise Dance with the Devil", "Water Song", by Hot Tuna. Just to name a few.. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...