Deliverance 2015 - 18/19th July - Firestorm Cardiff RULES PACK AND TICKET AVAILABLE

Alex Hill

Ask and you shall receive! ALITS in all the normal places. Rules pack shall have them in there in a moment too.

Game 1: Distract, Plant Evidence, Bodyguard, Protect Territory

Game 2: Take Prisoner, Murder Protege, Breakthrough, Assassinate

Game 3: Breakthrough, Assassinate, Make Them Suffer, Deliver a Message

Game 4: Cursed Object, Make Them Suffer, Assassinate, Bodyguard

Game 5: Distract, Breakthrough, Outflank, Plant Evidence

• Like 1

Tomato Mozzarella and pesto sandwich both days please

Copying me again!

So I looked through the strategies and I don't recognise Interference, Headhunter and Collect the Bounty. Are these printed somewhere and I'm just too thick to find them or are they strategies just for this event?

Just asking so I know what the VP conditions are so I don't waste too much time on the day umming and ahhing.

Thank you kindly.

So, ticket purchased.  Any suggestions on parking, will be driving down Friday and crashing at a Hostel within walking distance.

also  Bacon + Chicken (Optional pesto) in a baguette  please

Staying at the Riverhouse Fitzhamon Embankment CF11 6AN

If I can dump the car at Firestorm that would be ideal.  Not overly concerned about the car be nicked just don't want to pick up a parking ticket

OK, there is a ton of parking on the Embankment which is opposite the Millennium Stadium.  It's pay and display but I think it's free overnight.  It's not too far to walk to Firestorm from there if you did want to dump your car in their car park and leave it there for the weekend and walk to/from your accommodation (about 10-15 minutes depending how far down the Embankment the hostel is).

Well that was an absolutely great weekend. Thanks to Dom and Alex who were brilliant  TO's, fun, competent, relaxed and incredibly hard working.  Firestorm is an amazing venue definitely the best  I have experienced so far. The Welsh crowd were so friendly and enthusiastic. Look forward to coming next year.

• Like 2

My review of the weekend would be:

:-fate Headhunter and Collect the Bounty.  This is mostly personal preference although a lot of other people I spoke to felt similarly but these two strategies are quite weak.  Headhunter can reward your opponent for you killing their things which is a pita and Bounty encourages pretty negative play/lists.  I do understand there needs to be a variety of strats however and it's more of a criticism of the strats themselves than their inclusion (though I don't think I'd like to see both together again).

:-fate The scheme pools.  I understand these were all randomly generated but I think that as TO's they could be tweaked a bit or re-flipped in some cases.  There's always bad match ups (I thought the schemes for HH were a bad match for example) as a result of randomisation but having Assassinate in three consecutive games was pretty boring.  Similarly a lot of scheme were missing.  Though you'll never get every scheme in a tournament I think that the spread could have been better and personally would have re-flipped some.

:+fate The venue.  As a regular Firestorm Games player I know how good the venue is but the general consensus supported that.  Plenty of room all around the tables for stuff and a pretty large area all to ourselves was great.

:+fate Prize support.  This was really great.  I don't think it quite lived up to the 'everybody will get something claim' but there were a lot of prizes with a lot of variety in what they were awarded for.  As Bertmac states handing out plenty of raffle tickets kept everybody interested until the end.  The funny story and pictures ideas were really good though there could be more options for them (although I know from other threads that this can be a pain as you don't want to detract from the games themselves).

:+fate The timings.  Being over two days meant the games were much more spread out and there was a decent break between them too as there was enough time to overrun as we weren't on a time limit to be thrown out.  We got a decent lunch break to chill out and have a chat to people too.  There were also plenty of announcements during the games so we knew how long we had which was good.

:+fate The players.  Everybody was nice and friendly and I enjoyed my games (the last one wasn't great but we both played very cagey games so it was nothing to do with the opponent).  It was genuinely difficult to pick a most sporting opponent.  Despite being competitive nobody was a douchebag (well, see below).

:-fate Dom is a Gremlin douchebag and we all hate that guy ;)  In seriousness both Dom and Alex did a great job so top work guys.

• Like 3

Agree about bounty. Not sure if the reason for peons not scoring is to do with some masters having multiple peon totems, but it seems to play into certain factions/masters hands.

I played against a Colette list with between 6-8 peons in it and although totally outplayed by my opponent for the schemes, I never felt I had a chance with the strategy from the start. Fair play to him, he even agreed it needed looking at, and he was playing within the rules, but it made me start looking at ways I could have done the same which isn't what the game should be about.

I quite enjoy bounty it certainly seems less faction/master dependant than stake a claim although the peon lists that can turn up like gremlins or collette need to be checked by actually scoring for killing them.

HH is a funny one and is probably easier for melee oriented crews than shooty ones.

Assasinate in 3 games made it interesting i guess levi players would be happy with it i was playing a defence 7 kaeris most of the weekend which is worthwhile sometimes even without assasinate due to her df/wp trigger.