Sign in to follow this  
cursingbulldog

Lynch Swarm List

My brain was chewing away at malifaux ideas while I should be working but I came up with this fun list. It does require a bit of a perfect storm of strats schemes and board layout to probably work.

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Jacob lynch -- 2 Pool

+Woke up with a Hand [2]

+Wanna see a trick [1]

+ either limited upgrade[2]

Hungering Darkness [0]

Gupps or Tots x 11 [44]

Stratagies: Stake a Claim or Reconnoiter

Schemes: Deliver a Message, Breakthrough, Plant Evidence, Plant Explosives, Power Ritual, Outflank, distract, or cursed object.

Basic idea is to overwhelm your opponent with activations and scheme markers while using leaps or sprints to dig for aces. The Gupps and tots army isn't going to do much damage so most of that is going to need to come from lynch and huggy.

You can also hold back 3 gupps to screen lynch to prevent deliver a message

I'd also be somewhat tempted to drop some gupps for spawn mother as if she can bring in at least two she has mostly paid for herself.

Thoughts?

I just played against a Hamelin list that was all dogs (courtesy of Nix and Hollow) with Kaeris and we played to a draw 6-6, it was a dopey game. Fun though. I would say horde lists are workable, but they will never give you the "big win" other crews can deliver.

Just from the comments, what would thoughts be on:

Jacob lynch -- 2 Pool
+Woke up with a Hand [2]
+Wanna see a trick [1]
+ either limited upgrade[2]

Hungering Darkness [0]

Spawn Mother [8]

Gupps x3 [12]

Tots x3 [12]

Depeleted x3 [12]

I'd say replace a few of that swarm with Depleted for synergy and tying stuff down, since I don't think you gain much from that extreme volume of speed.

I think Opponent can choose Distract, so I think Depleted can be Double-edged Swords.   

For reconnoiter depleted could work as well but not as well if cursed object or distract were in the pool as they won't be able to break engagement to remove those conditions.

The main advantage of the gupps is you can walk in to give cursed or distract and then leap away, leap first then take a 2 interact to remove one of those conditions, deliver a message or placing a claim marker every turn. You can also get up to two scheme markers down a turn or removing opponents markers making them good for denying points as well. And jacob lynch makes this automatic once you flip the ace of masks.