Wyrd Chronicles 16

Lucidicide

Fair point but still this piece of information was not in the description. Of course you can assume that there are no more models left but in case of puzzles you should give all the necessary information in order to avoid confusion.

Thanks for the real map this is much clearer and I imagined this kind of position when seeing the stuff on the Chronicles. However the measurements are still dubious. The Drowned is on a 30 mm base which is much wider than 1" but on the map it looks as if the base would be a hair smaller than 1". That was one of my problems when I started to interpret the simplified picture.

The other was whether I can place Jack on the other side of the Ice Golem to be on the centerline or not. Which is a clear thing now although the scale problems are here too since the Ice Golem's 50mm base is almost 2" but the map suggests that you could even place another large base model between the Golem and the sideline. Which is obviously impossible if it is a 3" wide area.

PS: Also I don't know what difficulty 3 would actually like to mean. Is it on a 1-5 or 1-10 scale, or something else?

Thanks for the comments, and I'll be sure to take them into account if Wyrd wants puzzle submissions for the next issue!

I'm not sure what difficulty 3 means either, actually.  That wasn't me.

The vassal map didn't fit well. We tried this. It contains all the necessary information, though not all possible information.

I think that based off responses, it worked fine but could do with some improvements. I'm pretty happy with it

I'd agree, but a statement like "After a hard fought battle, these are the models left on the board" would be beneficial.

Lest this seem like a complaint, I really like this idea, and I would love to see more of these. Anything that gets you thinking about what more can be done to win a game helps the community, and gets people interested in figuring out what models can do.

Looking at native American snake monster... And the art along with faction symbols... I theorize that native American snake monster is going to be a deck-building/living card/collectible card game. Why is this you ask?

Well... With the popularity of netrunner , doomtown: Reloaded , and stuff like dominion added with the doomtown card slip. It seems like a sound business choice and people are probably playing alot of it at the moment.

Also with mini production being so expensive they wouldn't make a whole new war game. Which might also rule out NASM the CCG. Hmmm... The would bring NASM the DBG LCG more likely. However going with production and how awesome wyrd is... And their tendency to make awesome standalone games with some expansion....im calling it;

The world needs a Native American Snake Monster deck-building game.

Or NASMDBG

I liked the story, the fiction is generally my favourite part of Chronicles.

The Peaceful article seemed to take an awful lot of words to say that you don't always have to kill stuff to win. I also found it odd that this was presented as a moral or philosophical stance as opposed to another playstyle or challenge. Though I guess the Buddhist stuff could have been intended as a joke, but if that was the case I didn't find it funny.

About the little demon figures in the index that are supposed to show the type of the article. Most of icon is the body so when they are shrunk down the distinguishing parts of them get too small to easily tell apart. For them too be helpful they would need to be redesigned with a much larger percentage of the icon being paintbrushes, swords, etc.

• Like 2

For the Peaceful article, I asked Mike to write it and he was kind enough to do so. The playstyle was presented in the context of a book, much like Rathnard's synergy article was presented in the context of a relationship. It gives the piece some style. I'm sorry you didn't find that style enjoyable, but I thought it was nice -- especially when juxtaposed with April's context of The Art of War. Articles are just more interesting with context and flavor. 

For Malifaux Showdown, we are currently focusing our efforts on other endeavors. This doesn't mean we've ruled out the possibility of doing Malifaux Showdown, but rather that we're using what limited manhours we have on other projects. For example, right now the vast majority of our time is focused on Malifaux and Through the Breach.

For Malifaux Showdown, we are currently focusing our efforts on other endeavors. This doesn't mean we've ruled out the possibility of doing Malifaux Showdown, but rather that we're using what limited manhours we have on other projects. For example, right now the vast majority of our time is focused on Malifaux and Through the Breach.

But but but... Native American Snake Monster? : `(

If you're looking for article suggestions, one I wouldn't mind seeing is someone give a short tutorial on how to sculpt with green stuff.  I see some people do some great things to add to their models (add a coat to someone, or give someone a hat, or something like that) but I have no idea how to even begin doing that.  Other than, you know, buying green stuff.

sculpting tutorials (by someone of that calibre would be amazing) for some of the basics, like scenic bases and accessories  would be great, I enjoyed the stories, failed at the quiz,  thought the peace and love themed sections  were very well executed, more galleries of peoples work would be nice, and perhaps a couple of tutorials on things like hazardous terrain? great stuff anyway

• 2 weeks later...