"Models summed up in laymans terms" newbie guide?

its gremlin time

Hi there, new to Malifaux and now firmly of a mind that its a game I want to get in to.

However, I have the same issue with this game that I have with stuff like MtG or WMH - so many unique dudes, all with unique abilities, its just too hard for a newbie to keep track of.

I'm wondering if there is a guide out there to the models and masters of malifaux, summed up in easy to understand english? Not a rote description of their abilities, or excessively in depth, but a basic guide of what they do, best ways to kill them, and especially what your opponent is probably using them for etc etc?

Cheers for any advice

Everybody goes through the same thing.  The actual mechanic of the game is easy - it's learning to use all the abilities that's touch.  Familiarise yourself with your models as much as possible so you don't spend ten minutes each activation trying to work out what you can do and what it all means.

Do that before worrying too much about what your opponent can do.  Pullmyfinger is a great wiki.

• Like 1

For me the short answer is "henchman."  Someone who can work with you as you learn.

Edit: I am going to add the large rule book and Crossroads to my answer.  Those are great for browsing models and getting a good sense of their flavor.  I don't think it is exactly what OP had in mind with their question, but it should be close enough.

• 4 weeks later...