I'm hoping there will be rules for horses at some point, but until then I've whipped up some very generic stats for horses in Through the Breach.  Any feedback would be welcome, as I have little personal experience with horses (though I have ridden one!) and have created these stats based largely on the Malifaux characters who ride horses.  These stats assume the horse has not been trained for a special role or environment, like combat.

I was also thinking that anyone shooting at a rider on a horse would randomize hits between the horse and rider, as if firing into melee.  Anyone who can call shots can choose between horse and rider.

There's a new General Talent to go along with this:  

Trick Riding

Prerequisite: Husbandry Rank 3 or higher

The character is lithe and agile in the saddle, capable of doing things most people wouldn't dream of attempting.

• Trick Actions taken while in the saddle gain  :+fate when resolving.
  • The character does not suffer from the Unstable Platform penalty when attacking on from horseback.

The Fatemaster may also allow the character to attempt other acrobatic feats from the saddle, or while mounting or dismounting the horse (e.g., jumping into the saddle from a second-story window, mounting a riderless horse as it gallops by, hanging off the horse to pick up something on the ground, etc.)

Riding Horse
This represents a wide variety of breeds trained to bear a saddle and rider.

Physical
  • Might 4
  • Grace 2
  • Speed 4
  • Resistance 3
Mental
  • Charm -3
  • Int -4
  • Cunning 0
  • Tenacity 1
Calculated
  • Df 6
  • Wp 3
  • Walk 6
  • Charge 10
  • Height 2 (3 with rider)
  • Wounds 6
Skills
  • Notice 1
  • Pugilism 2
Talents
  • Shove Aside:  See The Fated Almanac, p137.  Treat the horse as Height 3 if it has a rider.

Attacks

• (1) Nasty Kick: AV 6, Range  :melee2, Resistance: Df, Target takes 2/3/5 damage
          :ram Tail Over Teakettle:  The character is pushed 2 yards directly away from the horse and is considered prone.

​​

Draft Horse

This represents a wide variety of breeds trained to work in a harness and pull a load.  These breeds are typically larger and more heavily muscled than "riding" horses.

Physical
  • Might 5
  • Grace 2
  • Speed 3
  • Resistance 3
Mental
  • Charm -3
  • Int -4
  • Cunning 0
  • Tenacity 1
Calculated
  • Df 5
  • Wp 3
  • Walk 7
  • Charge 9
  • Height 2 (3 with rider)
  • Wounds 8
Skills
  • Notice 1
  • Pugilism 2
  • Toughness 1
Talents
  • Beast of Burden: If put in a yoke with at least one other horse with this Talent, any duel involving the team gains  :+fate  when resolving.
  • Shove Aside:  See The Fated Almanac, p137.  Treat the horse as Height 3 if it has a rider.

Attacks

• (1) Nasty Kick: AV 7, Range  :melee2, Resistance: Df, Target takes 2/3/5 damage
          :ram Tail Over Teakettle:  The character is pushed 2 yards directly away from the horse and is considered prone.

• Like 1