Voodoo Doll summoning, Hem and Slow

Dirial

Question

Hey, rules wizards and timing experts,

Zoraida uses the (2) You remind me of the Babe action to summon a Voodoo Doll. Per its Fate Woven ability, it may immediately take the Hem action.

"Fate Woven: When this model is summoned, it may immediately take the Hem action."

We all know what Hem does, but for the purpose of my question, the following part is the essential one:

"Whenever an enemy Voodoo doll gains a Condition, this model gains the same condition."

The summoning rules say:

"Models that are summoned gain the Slow condition, and may not take Interact actions during the Turn they are summoned."

Now, the Voodoo Doll is not the acting model, because that would be Zoraida. My question is thus: Who applies the Slow condition for the purpose of the general timing box? Is it applied before Fate Woven kicks in, or simultaneous, which would mean that the controller of the Voodoo Doll would decide which effect to apply first. And thus, finally, the core question:

Can the Voodoo Doll Hem an enemy model to give it Slow from its own summon?

Thanks for your attention and pointing out where I have probably overlooked something. :D

4 answers to this question

I would say no for the following reason:

Zoraida summons Voodoo -> Voodoo comes into being, and is immediately slow + can't make interact as per usual summoning -> Voodoo gets a free action to use Hem on a target -> Pass or Fail against target, Voodoo is already slow prior to casting.

That's my reasoning anyway.

Okay, that was my reasoning as well. Would have hoped for something a little more conclusive, as

So as soon as it is summoned it gains slow.

isn't really spelled out in the book, and the timing box isn't very helpful in this case. Well, at least there was a consensus this time.

The timing here is very murky, but you can think about it in the following rules-supported way:

A model gains Slow as an effect of resolving summoning. Fate Woven could only be performed when the model is already summoned and Slow is applied - since the model is aready on the table, the summon has to have resolved already.