Agents of the Brushes (Sensei Yu Tutorial Pg 4.)

Thanks, guys! We are really happy with the speed; there's nothing finished yet, but almost everything have something done!

How come Pandora is so easy to paint? They are so damn small minis.

That's their thing; they are so small that there's almost nothing to paint (and that is so easy!)  :P

These are just insanely good. Pandora's face and hair look amazing! And the texturing on Candy - sheesh!

It works a lot better after priming, actually. It sticks a lot better so you can glob it on and then remove the excess without removing the part that is doing the gap filling.

I'm pretty sure they are just more burls or mushrooms.

We have tried the post-priming putty and it's working! Thanks for the tip!

We're quite sure that there are some tooth like the ones on the Juju, but only Z knows about the rest  :D

• 1 month later...

It has been a long time since the last update. We have been painting for the Iron Painter, but we're out, so we can feel the freedom again  :D

First thing; Zoraida is finished! 

lyjw3Bz.jpg

NSU7jHE.jpg

There were so many dolls... Some things could be better, but we think that is ok for now.

We painted our fist ressurrecionist for the iron painter and used the opportunity of the second round for start with Coppelius. We though that the two of them were quite on the theme, but the score was a disaster  :(

gallery_29692_13_794982.jpg

This was also the first time we tried to do blood effects, and I love how it looks on the skin. The base was a little hurried, I think that it can use some beiges, I hope we can fix it without having to redone entirely. 

gallery_29692_14_637832.jpg

Corduroy! The she on the us is on fire with the freehands and want to do one on every single miniature  :P

6y6NBtL.png

The texture was a cool thing to do, has some greens and purples.

jrOBxye.png

Teddy haven't seen the brushes for some time, but he got a surprise freehand some day; can't remember when, maybe it done to itself  :P

JB24oRv.jpg

yKjG0BX.jpg

Some work on the new masters. 

VUW1CZe.jpg

OAMcqv5.jpg

And some skins. These two are going to be sooo bloody....  :D

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

[...] I am super delighted and at the same time utterly crushed. :D

Your level of painting is out of this world and it makes my own models look like they've been fingerpainted by a walrus. [...]

^ this.

...and... wow. just wow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys, we're also really glad with the skins!  :D

Wow some really cool stuff there. Mind writing up a tutorial for us on patterned materials pleaseeeee?

No problem; next time the she on the we start one, I'm going full photographer but i'm afraid that it's going to look like that infamous owl tutorial  :)

We finished Candy and Kade, and more importantly, we have a new lamp, so the photos are finally improved!

xDRFwws.jpgrvqWdnn.jpg

At first, we were going to paint the eyes normally, but they look nice only with the white, so we got lazy.

U2osQsV.jpgMhEOrdn.jpgrY6MZE2.jpgndjUwpr.jpg

His hand is levitating, but at the point we realized there wasn't anything that we could do  :(

The face of the bear and the (manly) blue line are freehand! 

And, well, we were also working in a money thing; an Infinity miniature of Joan of Arc to sell on ebay. It's not glamorous, but something has to cover our Wyrd's Gencon expenses!  :P

N48eeZi.jpg

cVkspKu.jpg

It's painted using mainly airbrush, that it not our usual way of do things, but worked really good. We are going to try translate some of that technique to Malifaux to speed up the paint line! 

• Like 7

Just wow.

The crosshatching on Candy incredible (both on the skirt and the freehand in the basket)!  And the way the white details on her dress pop is just awesome.

Kade looks like a photograph.

And the blending on Joan is sublime. 

Amazing work across the board.

• 1 month later...