Agents of the Brushes (Sensei Yu Tutorial Pg 4.)

Everytime I see a new update here I am super delighted and at the same time utterly crushed. :D

Your level of painting is out of this world and it makes my own models look like they've been fingerpainted by a walrus. Can't wait to see this crew done. When are you getting to Juju? That has to be my favourite model of this box, then it's Zoraida, but Juju in your paints, now that is something to look forward to! 

Hammer, Nail, Head... I feel exactly the same way. Although I can't expect these sorts of results. I'm an incredibly lazy painter. This is utterly jaw dropping stuff though. I really can't wait to see the crew all finished. At which point I'll probably look at my models and throw them bin the out of disgust  :D

hehe little pun cracks me up completely. Love your Zoraida and her fancy granny dress, even if I'm not a fan of the new plastic model. Those dots prove you have a lot of patience and a calm hand to not mess them up.

Doll's completely adorable. I'd love to own it, but I'd have to buy the whole box just for the doll since I own the new silurids and I'm content with alt Zoraida and the avatar Juju I own. Your NMM on the scissors is also very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

You can always try to use liquid greenstuff for the gaps and paint over it. I did that with old Spawn mother during the painting process...

The new Juju has some lovely details on him. Love what you did with his eyes.

We tried with vallejo plastic putty before priming, but seems like it wasn't enough. Maybe we'll try again.

Some updates on Zoraida;

3yujwcd.jpg?1

MWSCnRd.jpg?2

We have tried to make the spheres of her back to look like balls of yarn, but the truth is that we don't know what they are really supposed to be  :P

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Another update!

Zoraida is almost finished! We want to continue with others models, so we are only going to paint the last two dolls of her waist and give her base some extra details before moving on. (Also, she already looks nice and these are supposed to be tabletop models!)

rE9ZgRh.jpg?3riuQ29i.jpg?3

We are experimenting for the first time with water texture on the bases. They look swampy, but a little dark; we have to give them a little more lights (maybe with yellow?).

0ABbMsg.jpg?29OoVtMT.jpg?1

We also have given some colours to Treebeard and The Nice One. They are in an early stage, but we wanted that they have at least some lights for a tournament that we are playing tomorrow. 

ATZPdYP.jpg?1cjjDhMG.jpg?1

Since it looks like we'll have to leave the swamp behind for now (Wyrd, we want the gupps!), we have started with Pandora. We need at least two crews painted for the demos, so, unless the Dreamer arrives at the stores unexpectedly, we are going to focus in her.

2m38qS2.jpg?1aUY8qkL.jpg?1

• Like 8

These are just insanely good. Pandora's face and hair look amazing! And the texturing on Candy - sheesh!

We tried with vallejo plastic putty before priming, but seems like it wasn't enough. Maybe we'll try again.

It works a lot better after priming, actually. It sticks a lot better so you can glob it on and then remove the excess without removing the part that is doing the gap filling.

We have tried to make the spheres of her back to look like balls of yarn, but the truth is that we don't know what they are really supposed to be  :P

I'm pretty sure they are just more burls or mushrooms.