why only exhausted token?

gerykhan

hello,

I am from Belgium so i apologize for my english.

i have just bought the box and i am confused about few things.

In the rules book , we are told about item token (stiky action)

but i don't see any item token in the box and in action or abilities on statistics cards...( only find firecrackers in optional rules...)

what about marks like  rip , paralyzed, stuck? why there are no token to represent them?

one more, how attach specific card with specific miniature?

when you have 3 of a kind, it would be easy to confuse the effective state of each miniature...

Can i find other tokens anywhere?

i think a round counter is missing too...

thanks in advance

Hi Gerykhan,

Welcome to the Wyrd forums. I hope you enjoy building and playing the Puppet Wars game (it's awesome).

It sounds like you've got everything that is "supposed" to be in the box, except maybe that round counter. I guess that the concept was to include the basic items needed to play the game as described in the rules. As with Wyrd's flagship game "Malifaux", there are certain conditions or effects that are described in the rules but which Wyrd leave up to you to decide how you want to represent them in the game.

You might choose to put your cards into sleeves and then mark them with dry-wipe maker pens, or use counters (I have some basic round plastic counters that can represent different effects), or beads or whatever. You might even find some third-party manufacturers of markers/counters on the internet.

The rules for nails, molasses, firecrackers etc are for additional rules that provide alternative winning scenarios. As with markers for the effects, Wyrd leave it up to you to decide how to represent these.

I can understand that if you bought Puppet Wars expecting a typical board game that can be played straight out of the box, then you might be disappointed. However Wyrd's approach is consistent with that for miniatures games generally. Search the internet for images of Puppet Wars and you'll soon find lots of ideas from others that have customised their puppet battlefield with scratch-built Work Benches, tokens and terrain options.

About that missing "round counter", I suggest you contact Wyrd's customer support. They have a great reputation for putting things right.

Finally, you ask how upgrades are attached to specific cards. The rules for this are on page 22 of the rulebook. Basically, you have three options for attaching an upgrade to a model during its activation: (1) use the 'scrounge' action to add an upgrade from your Scrap Heap, (2) use the 'what pretty buttons you have' action to rip apart an adjacent friendly puppet and add it as an upgrade, or (3) use an 'I need this' action immediately after tearing apart an adjacent enemy puppet. This final action requires you to flip a card and maybe play some cards from your hand to meet the Attachment Difficulty of the upgrade you are trying to apply.

I hope this helps but let us know if you need more help. Have fun!!

thanks for the answers

i saw item token refences after my topics,

and difference between optional and additional was not so clear for me 

so i thought the sticky action might be "optional" too. but not matter in fact ;-)

about round counter  i just thought it would be a nice to have.

My last concern is not about upgrade, it's about to have a good visual link between a card and the miniature related on the board

visible for all players.

I did not yet play , ( waiting paint of my miniatures).

I'am just afraid it could be messy, when playing 3 times the same pawn on the board.

the future will tell me if am right.

Anyway, i really like miniatures and rules seem cool.

I also ask myself why create three size of  "battle boxes"  if the rules are anyway the same...

will other old metal miniatures  be converted in plastic ( new sculpt are actually better) in near future?

Thanks again

The different sized toyboxes are to allow you to choose whether you want a quick game or a more complex and strategic game involving more puppets. Of course, having more puppets in your toybox doesn't just make the game longer but also adds a lot of depth in terms of strategy. You will see that in any case there aren't enough puppets in the box to play a Puppapocalyse game.

The original game had three extra expansion boxes released (though there were fewer in the core box) and the assumption is that there will eventually be expansions released in plastic for the unstitched version of the game too. Unfortunately nobody knows when this will be. Wyrd have been understandably busy releasing more M2E figures for Malifaux and for their Through The Breach RPB game. In fact, a round of playtesting for the expansions was announced and the interim stats for the new models were published on the Puppet Wars website. Try looking here to view these:

http://www.puppet-wars.com/puppet.php

I agree that with multiple versions of the same puppet on the table it can get messy trying to remember which card goes with which model. If it causes a problem I suggest either using counters or mark you puppet in some way (eg different paint schemes).

Hope this helps.