Spring Showdown 22nd March 2015 @ Wayland Games

OldManMyke

Thanks to all the folks who came along to this one and made it a real easy event to run.  We ended up with 18 players and Joe Wood took home the spoils with a well deserved win with Kirai.  Nice to see Jake Barlow tearing it up with Misaki as well.

There will be another event in a few months time (June timeframe) so I hope to see more of you at that one, would be nice to build the showdown series into good solid 28 - 32 player events.

Thanks for "TO"'ing it Mike (or "organizing and umpiring" as we call it in the historical gaming world..!)

My first taste of doing the whole "cook up a list on the fly" thing, and I got to play against 4 masters that I'd never faced before too.

The end outcome of both of the above wasn't that great points-wise (!!), however hopefully my incompetence wasn't too painful for my opponents to endure!

Reports to follow .... 

tim

Will second mikes thanks to everyone who came down, gave me my first taste of Malifaux tournaments, and picked up a lot about crews I'd never faced before. Thanks to joe wood and Ben Crowe for their patience with my questions during our games. Also thanks to James Culverhouse and Owen for some close matches.

Definitely learnt that people fear Howard. I think he died at the start of turn 2 in 3 out of four games. Although the other games he deactivated to kill a peacekeeper, sidir and a wastrel so can see why