Through the Breach female multi-part kit

ToxicMushroom

I saw in the Wyrd Newsletter that these kits were coming out soon, and I wanted to say that I was absolutely thrilled for them, and I was going to go buy one of each as soon as possible.

Then I hopped on a forum to share my excitement, and a disgruntled kickstarter backer told me about the female kit's extra long legs... and said something about never giving this "joke of a company" any more money. He was quite frustrated. Now, I'm perfectly capable of coming to my own decisions about things, but I was a little disappointed. This is not the first time that Wyrd has had scale problems. 

Through%2Bthe%2BBreach%2BMinis%2B-%2BSca

I just wanted to add my two cents to the controversial discussion regarding the extremely tall female models, and I hope that people have had time to cool off about it and we're able to find constructive things to say, including offering level-headed criticism. I'll still probably buy one of each kit. They look great and the scale issues don't turn me off completely. I'm also not as pissed off as some of the backers seem to be, because I didn't wait for them for two years and they haven't fallen short of my expectations *after* exchanging money.

But Wyrd missed a great opportunity with this kit. I might have bought 3+ of each kit, in order to build all sorts of characters. As it stands, Wyrd has a major uphill battle in convincing me that I want more than 1 Female kit, and it makes me want less male kits because I don't want a collection with a disproportionately large number of men. I'd like relative gender balance.

In conlcusion: Wyrd, you could have made a lot of money from me. Instead, you will make a little bit of money from me. Sorry that the kickstarter seems to have hurt your reputation.

I can't tell the difference.

look at the chainsaw lady in the middle. now the shotgun guy to the left of her and the rail worker to the right. That isn't perspective, she's like a head taller than them, which is something pretty unusual since women average something like half a head shorter than guys. Fine if it's just one, but the whole set is somewhat problematic.

look at the chainsaw lady in the middle. now the shotgun guy to the left of her and the rail worker to the right. That isn't perspective, she's like a head taller than them, which is something pretty unusual since women average something like half a head shorter than guys. Fine if it's just one, but the whole set is somewhat problematic.

But it's across the whole sprue, so I don't see a problem. Malifaux isn't the real world, and the women are half a head taller, at most, once you realise they're also wearing six-inch heels (ugh, Wyrd, enough with the heels). It's exactly the same height difference, just reversed across the genders. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say.

Yes but if you then compare them to nurses, Pandora, Lilith, Sonnia, and what not of the new plastics they are still more than half a head taller.  And most of them have heels too.  Plenty of the Multi-part sprues don't have the same high heels.  They are likely buried but some of the other pics for the sets had side by side of some of the models up close, the neck of the multi-part sprues is in line with Sonnia's forehead and the top of Pandora's head almost.  While Malifaux is not the real world nothing in their fluff before suggested this as you had people like Hopkins face to face with Sonnia, and Santiago and Francisco being taller than Lady Justice *It was only her 'Aura' that gave the feeling she was taller*.

Yeah, malifaux isn't the real world, but the people in it are supposed to be from Earth (well, at least the TTB ones).

Said it before and I'll say it again: just because something has a supernatural component doesn't mean that you're wrong if you have trouble suspending your disbelief on stuff like basic physics (one of my favorite examples being a revolver where none of the chambers line up with the barrel).

• 5 weeks later...