Getting the most out of the Pigapult

Malal

Its says "When this model is killed or sacrificed..." so it does give concussive to the pigapult sadly.

The only time I run it is with Ulix since he really doesn't have a problem with feeding it piglets every turn. He also provides a very beefy wall to keep it safe. Pigapult is good against a lot of Outcasts in my experience since they either stay back field (like Hamelin) or have low wounds (Viks) or need Waifs. Even Tara can get scared by it, even though she can use the hole, she mostly likely need to burn cards or even SS to stop it and with the volume of attacks that thing can spit out, it'll eventually edge her out (unless fate hates you, or loves her).

What i can see it should be

50 ss

Ulix 7 ss

husbandry 3

Old major 9

corn husk 2

Mc tavish 10

cute critters 1

Penelope 2

The sow 8

pigapult 8

Pig 4

Turn one. Breed 3 pigs from sow. Use the summoned pigs to put scheme for a upcomming warpig. Use proper care to heal sow and summoned pigs up with 2.

Turn two breed 2 times so sow die and summon another 2 pigs. Last ap remove scheme marker and get a warpig use proper care again for 0 ap and heal up all.

That would give us 7 fresh pigs from summon, 1 warpig with 2 damage and ulix will be at 2 wound.

Can do same but with a slop hauler instead of the first proper care that will save 2 wounds on ulix.

And from this position maximize the pig rush with mayor and Penelope and use mc tavish for snipe / free ap with boost to pigs.

Like you say lots of beacon to the Pigapult :)

This is my paper version of how i prob would set him up. Im intressted to hear your opinion

Its says "When this model is killed or sacrificed..." so it does give concussive to the pigapult sadly.

The only time I run it is with Ulix since he really doesn't have a problem with feeding it piglets every turn. He also provides a very beefy wall to keep it safe. Pigapult is good against a lot of Outcasts in my experience since they either stay back field (like Hamelin) or have low wounds (Viks) or need Waifs. Even Tara can get scared by it, even though she can use the hole, she mostly likely need to burn cards or even SS to stop it and with the volume of attacks that thing can spit out, it'll eventually edge her out (unless fate hates you, or loves her).

Yep Concussion was pretty much designed specifically to counter the potential of the Pigapult utilizing Stuffed Piglets for ammunition. If you look you'll also see that Wong's Glowy ability was worded to deny the Pigapult's potential as well.

It is potent without these things and would be absolutely broken with them. Imagine 3 Bacon Barrage's with Sh 6, Rng 24" that didn't require LOS and ignored Cover, with a Damage spread of 3/ 5 :blast / 7 :blast  that was also Magical and ignored Armor, Hard to Wound and Incorporeal.

Ulix is a decent pairing with the Pigapult since he can also feed it consistently though I still think Som'er wins out due to not just being able to feed it turn after turn but also being able to improve it's ability to hit via the Encouragement upgrade.

you dont hire pigs for somers crew then ? just use lennys upgrade to make some for the pigapult ? and maybe gracie with sadle to bring lenny up so he still

can join the mid fight and still toss more pigs turn 2.

i cant get a functional crew together otherwise :P

the pigapult most avreage kill something worth 4 SS every turn otherwise ( wich is not super hard with + flip and aim for smaller schemer runners)

but it feel so much better just to make them with lenny and spend the rest of the SS for some enforcers / own scheme runners

What i can see it should be

50 ss

Ulix 7 ss

husbandry 3

Old major 9

corn husk 2

Mc tavish 10

cute critters 1

Penelope 2

The sow 8

pigapult 8

Pig 4

Turn one. Breed 3 pigs from sow. Use the summoned pigs to put scheme for a upcomming warpig. Use proper care to heal sow and summoned pigs up with 2.

Turn two breed 2 times so sow die and summon another 2 pigs. Last ap remove scheme marker and get a warpig use proper care again for 0 ap and heal up all.

That would give us 7 fresh pigs from summon, 1 warpig with 2 damage and ulix will be at 2 wound.

Can do same but with a slop hauler instead of the first proper care that will save 2 wounds on ulix.

And from this position maximize the pig rush with mayor and Penelope and use mc tavish for snipe / free ap with boost to pigs.

Like you say lots of beacon to the Pigapult :)

This is my paper version of how i prob would set him up. Im intressted to hear your opinion

Ulix -- 4 Pool
 +Dirty Cheater [1]
 +Hunting Bow [2]
 +Husbandry [3]

Merris LaCroix [6]
Old Major [9]
 +Corn Husks [2]
 +Saddle [1]
Pigapult [8]
Slop Hauler [5]
Slop Hauler or Hog Whisperer [5]
The Sow [8]

It'd be something like this. I usually run Lenny (soften the self hurting of Ulix) over Pigapult and drop some upgrades to get him with his own upgrade. I'd also tweak the list according to faction and schemes.

You never Birth out of the same target for all 3, I just get 2, 1 from Old Major and 1 from the Sow, then summon a War Pig. Summoned Piglets can't interact the turn they come out. I use Proper Care whenever I can since its a guaranteed 2 healed rather than flipping for Slop Hauler, then you can use the slop hauler to heal himself, Ulix, the war pig, and Merris since 2 are at 1. 

Your crew will pretty much be engaging everything by turn 2, so McTavish isn't gonna be shooting all too well. :(

Not sure about McTavish in the Ulix list. Why not take Sammy instead?

She can copy Ulix's husbandry and she can turn enemy scheme markers into stuffed piglets providing more (self damage free) ammo for the pigapult while messing with your opponent's strategy. Sammy + Sow could eat up two markers a turn giving you 2 more ammo to run back to the pigapult... provided you have the crows.

I'm starting to think that Somer might support the pigapult best to make sure you get the suits needed for whatever piglet/stuffed piglet summoning route you go down.

Som'er definitely supports the Pigapult best due to being able to provide consistency while also functioning at nearly 100% playing a sedentary style game. Sure there may be times when you dont have the suit to discard for Do It Like Dis! but those times are going to be rare (especially if considering the card generation potential of Get Your Bro with Bayou Gremlin's that have just injured themselves and also happen to be within the range of Survival of the Fittest{/b]). Hell he can even support a Taxidermist Stuffed Piglet summoning better than the other Masters as well if you choose to go that way (which I tend to think is a waste).

I tried hard to make a pigapult crew with somer but i could not get it to work on paper at all.. can you post your idea how it would look like ? Your optimal somer crew around pigapult.

All i get is a crew that would waste to much point in throwing bought pigs and no SS worth rebuilder of pigs that will cripple atleast 2-3 other models.

I tried hard to make a pigapult crew with somer but i could not get it to work on paper at all.. can you post your idea how it would look like ? Your optimal somer crew around pigapult.

All i get is a crew that would waste to much point in throwing bought pigs and no SS worth rebuilder of pigs that will cripple atleast 2-3 other models.

Gremlins Crew - 50 - Scrap

Somer Teeth Jones -- 5 Pool
 +Dirty Cheater [1]
 +Family Tree [2]

Skeeter [2]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Lenny [9]
 +I'll Love it and Pet it... [1]
Pigapult [8]
Sammy LaCroix [7]
 +Encouragement [2]
Slop Hauler [5]

Basic idea is you use Sammy with Encouragement to help do it like dis so Somer can easily summon more Gremlins and Lenny to summon in pigs.

You use somer to add mask suit and skeeter to do book for lenny ?

Sammy is indeed intressting. I have yet to try somer but i see the potential with this. Need to buy another gremling pack with this also it seems :P just got 8 bayo and with this setup it should not be hard to get more then that

Encouragement is 1 life / action right? Not / activation

There are 3 different ways my local club mates use the pigapult, and all seem quite effective.

1st - Recon breakthrough/power ritual style games. Swarms of Bayou gremlins from family tree. Out activate the enemy (not using your throw tagets ideally) and then throw 3 gremlins to the points you want them to be. Activate them to remove the paralysis ready for next turn when they can scheme drop.

2nd- Killjoy delivery. Requires 2 stuffes piglets and Killjoy in the list.

turn 1 you can lob a stuffed piglet (ideally unengaged with the enemy but close enough to position the blasts), and then shoot it with the Pigapult, hopign to get blast damage, as well as bacon bomb damage, followed up by a fresh killjoy in their deployment zone.

3rd - Damage dealer. have spare piglet and/or stuffed piglet ready to taek advantage of Bacon load when it is useful. This should strongly discourage your oppoent from bunching up in general, and getting too near to you. It can do huge daamge when it needs to  with almost no way for the opponent to stop it.With the general gremlin out activation posibilities it is pretty easy to wait until you get the best target oppitunity for the turn, and be able to kill most models in 1 turn of shooting.

Currently writting up a playtest battle report in which the list I faced was

Sommer - family tree, can o beans

Pigapult

2 skeetars

2 stuffed pigs

3 bayou

Slop hauler

Rooster rider

Burt Jebson.

I couldn't get near the pigapult and crew (Hidden from sigth of most of the board as they were deployed in a corner), and when I advanaced gremlins were lobbed over my head to get Power ritual and plant evidence. Turn 1 sent burt and 2 gremlins into space near my deployment to make a start on plant evidence and power ritual, whihc the turn 4 lob was able to finish on turn 5.

Pigapult almost killed Judge in 1 shot, as well as putting my exocist down to 2 wounds (Granted it was red joker on the damage flip) on turn 2, but I cheatted most of a high hand to stop him getting the kill (3 severes from my hand!), and was generally happy to either toss his crew where needed, or kill off my models that gto within 12" with Rocks is pigs, saving the piglets for the turns he thought he could really hurt my crew.  

Adran. About your second tactic.

normal pigapult just have 12" range unless you get beacon load. So first stuffed goes up in there zone but outside engage so no randomize happen but still want to blast from beacon load long range attack from pigapult . So you sac your second stuffed.

But when you sac to pigapult wont killjoy deploy at the pigapult cause its there the second stuffed dies?

Or do you pull up the pigapult close ebough to hit with his basic attack or just lob first pig within 12"

Forced myself to try out the Pigapult tonight. I loved Bacon Barrage and Launch'n's actually great. I realised a couple of (obvious) points for the game. Generating two piglets rather than just one via Lenny would have been more effective than one piglet + one toss. Secondly, I should have launched the Summoned Gremlins...

Only problem is Do It Like Dis means choosing between Tomes and Masks. It's quite an resource intensive first turn, regardless.

Forced myself to try out the Pigapult tonight. I loved Bacon Barrage and Launch'n's actually great. I realised a couple of (obvious) points for the game. Generating two piglets rather than just one via Lenny would have been more effective than one piglet + one toss. Secondly, I should have launched the Summoned Gremlins...

Only problem is Do It Like Dis means choosing between Tomes and Masks. It's quite an resource intensive first turn, regardless.

Though Lenny's toss is good the Pigpult does it better. Aside from fueling the Pigapult each turn Lenny's summoned Piglets can also do a lot of work for the crew. They contribute to out activation, assist with gremlin mobility (especially for those models with more valuable actions), provide a credible offensive threat and if a Hog Whisperer happens to be near by can also provide a glut of Scheme counters when they die.

And as Verdeloth points out above, use the Skeeters to spread the support of Do It Like Dis!. Skeeters are a bit of a must for really maximizing Som'er's potential, especially when running the Summon Factory. Not many Masters have the potential to influence so much of the field with so many options without having to move. Aside from Do It Like Dis! Skeeters can also spread Quit Screwin' Around, and depending upon chosen upgrades Down the Hatch and Pull My Finger.

• Like 1

Well, pig and gremlin summoning is quite an expensive combo, (2 of Do It Like Dis (-2 for Skeeter), four summoning duels). What I totally didn't get before is that Skeeters take Somer's (0) as a (1) meaning that with two Skeeters, you get at least a couple of chances. That's neat and makes it seem much more achievable.

I think I've under-appreciated Skeeters almost completely (especially just for engaging other models and stopping models from using triggers). I have much to learn and I'll definitely be giving the Pig-a-pult another go, now better-informed. Thanks to you both.

Skeeters are a very potent tool for Som'er and have been from the start of the game. Also consider that you can summon more than the 2 Skeeters you hire in game via the Proboscis trigger. A Som'er crew can be very difficult to pin down and few crews can adapt as readily in game as his crew can.

• Like 2