Expanding on Unstitched

J_D

Puppet Wars: Unstitched is sort of an incomplete game in that not everything from the original Puppet Wars game completed the transition. You can look on the Puppet Wars website here for some unprinted model stats (Puppet Masters specifically) though they have not made them in Plastic.

Unfortunately Puppet Wars has languished in favor of other Wyrd projects probably due to the lack luster sales of the first edition (I blame the supremely bad packaging and marketing). To bad as I really enjoy the game though I favor the original rules much more than the Unstitched ones.

I do hope at some point this will see some renewed attention but as the months have turned into years it looks less and less likely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you incorporate Terraclips for the board then 6 players shouldn't be an issue though having enough actual Puppet Masters will likely be (as only 5 are available if you have the metal ones).

6 players on the standard board will be very brutal as players will be attacking each other within the first animations due to limitations of space. Though it might be fun a few times I think it really misses out on a lot of the depth of the game.

Since I didn't mention it in my earlier post and have in this one, the Terraclips line opens a lot of neat possibilities for the game (Explore the house type play where players lay tiles connecting each others starting work benches and one of my favorites stairs). It does require some "house ruling" but as the game hasn't seen any real development in a few years that is to be somewhat expected (for either version).