9 masters, 4 faction, 3 crews each

D_acolyte

A little late, but I figure this was what you were referring to? With current masters Von Schill could have linked Arcanist and Marcus with the Gremlins... None of the others seem very fluffy to link past that.

What possible link does Von Schill have with Arcanists or Marcus with Gremlins?

Thematically speaking none of the other masters in Outcasts are much like what you'd see in Arcanist really. Given that they've used mercenaries in the past... Two masters are loners, Levi would kinda fit but seems more on the rezzer side of dual factions to me, out of Viks and VS left Schill seemed the most likely to work with Arcanist.

Gremlins and Marcus just fit best out of the masters available because of the "beasts" pigs represent. Can't see anyone else fitting in with the crews.

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to find links. It makes a fair bit of sense that the Arcanists are a bit more separated from the other Factions (other than the infiltrators par excellence, the Ten Thunders). They have a strong, coherent agenda that places them in opposition to the Guild, but they're academics, scientists and public leaders rather than spies (Colette is the exception, but the organisation needs her talents primarily for smuggling) and they're not particularly interested in what the other Factions might be doing except where it impinges on their operations.

Essentially, trying to justify tenuous links to other Factions purely for the sake of symmetry is not a sensible design choice. ;)

Thematically speaking none of the other masters in Outcasts are much like what you'd see in Arcanist really. Given that they've used mercenaries in the past... Two masters are loners, Levi would kinda fit but seems more on the rezzer side of dual factions to me, out of Viks and VS left Schill seemed the most likely to work with Arcanist.

Gremlins and Marcus just fit best out of the masters available because of the "beasts" pigs represent. Can't see anyone else fitting in with the crews.

Both Viks and VS are straight up mercenaries, they'll work for anyone if the pay is right. So by that argument they should both be in all factions. :P There is a story (in Chronicles 3) of Leveticus working for Ramos, it ends with L hating R though, because of Alyce, she is such a scamp.

If an existing master had to link Arcanists and Gremlins I really think it should be Wong (though I don't really think Gremlin Gremlins masters should be dual faction to start with). But it would have fitted better before Arcanists became mostly M&SU. One way to do Arcanist could have been to make them the big out sourcing faction (that Ten Thunders is now) by having each Master be a wizard themed towards one of the other factions. The paths not taken...

I used to love Alyce with Ramos back when I started. I'm just getting back into the game though so I'm not entirely solid on everyone yet but Wong struck me (stereotypically) as more of a Ten Thunders guy. Then again it'd be funny if they Kicked Burt up and made him a full dual master with Ten Thunders for even more Big trouble crossover laughs. Or maybe even just some friendly gremlin ninjas/monks? I don't particularly like Gremlins, but I could be swayed to love them with a BTiLC crew. XD

Edit: And then I realize who Wong and Gracie are supposed to be. Damn I must be blind.

Edit edit: Wong's a master... looks like I'll need to start Gremlins now.

Okay, I think I did it.

Guild: Lucas McCabe, Doug McMourning, C. Hoffman

10 Th: Lucas McCabe, Mei Feng, Jacob Lynch

Arcanists: Mei Feng, Colette, Rasputina

Neverborn: Jacob Lynch, Collodi, Lilith

All the masters are masters I want to play, and each faction has good synergy between the masters in it, as well as a decent cross over between all the different factions: For instance. Collodi and Lynch both work well with Illuminated and Stitched. Lilith likes illuminated as well, and Collodi also loves Young Nephilim. Mei Feng and Colette both have a lot of love for some of the heavy hitting constructs in the arcanists. So does C. Hoffman!

McCabe can have a more ranged and control style crew, while McMourning is very good at movement and scheme markers, and C. Hoffman is resilient and good at taking a beating, while dishing one out.

Mei Feng is great in melee, Rasputina is a ranged powerhouse, and Colette is a scheming mobile shenanigan machine.

Lynch is one of the more ranged style crews that the neverborn have, while Lilith is more about melee and board position. Collodi can either be a swarm crew or a control master. 

I don't play any of them as 10 thunders very often, so maybe that's the weakpoint of this loadout... Why am I thinking so hard about this! GAH!

Farely easy for me:

Neverborn:
Lucius, Zoraida, Pandora
Guild:
Lucius, McMourning, Sonnia
Ressers:
McMourning, Seamus, Molly
Gremlins:
Zoraida, Somer, Ophelia

Ofcourse this will be easier when the Molly box comes out rather than just pinching my other resser stuff, though that kind of is what she does.

Would get a little more tough choosing Gremlins if their release schedule ever catches up with the other factions though as I'm keen to try the Brew Master, Wong and Ulix.

• 1 month later...