Well my 'team' can beat up your 'team'

OldManMyke

There has been a big rise in the number of teams and alliances over the last few months in the UK scene and it seems only fair that we have some sort of event that enables bragging rights. After all we all know that our team is better than any other out there.

So what I propose is that we have a team league challenge.

WARNING - What I am going to propose will involve traveling around the country to play other teams at games of Malifaux. If you can't travel for some reason (and there are many good reasons, the biggest ones being cash and time) then this isn't a challenge for you.

Right warning over, how do I get into this

You sign up with your team to the league by simply posting to this thread with the names of your up to 6 team members. So I might sign up the Tractor Massive with

Mike Marshall, Lee Battrick, Pete Wright, Scott Porter, Mark Sheppard, Matt Spooner (captain)

Once the sign up period is over (and this will probably be at the end of the year) I will collect all the info together and put a nice(ish) webpage together that puts up the league table.

Note that this is really designed for local like mate teams (yes even SMP) rather than recruiting the top 6 masters players into the Uberzone. That is what the Team GT is for :)

Then over 2015 the teams are free to arrange a match day against one of the other teams that they haven't played. Match day consists of the following

Rd 1. 4 Singles Games
Rd 2. 2 Doubles Games
Rd 3. 4 Singles Games.

A win is worth a point, draw half point, loss nothing. So you can walk away from a match day with a maximum of 10 points.

At the end of the season hopefully all teams will have played each other (otherwise we will have to get the pools panel in) and we will have a winner - who will get a nice trophy and more importantly bragging rights

Now you will notice that in any one round only 4 games are being played. This is so you have some flexibility on who can make it to a match day, but if all six of you can then you are free to play as many or as few of the games going.

Pairings in the singles and doubles are done using a simple bid system that I can detail in another post.

And thats it.

With only 4 games at any one time, hopefully this can be played at folks houses, local gaming venue etc. Theoretically even over vassal.

I can envisage for instance that the Massive arrange a trip 'oop north' to play Tyne and Wyrd one day, then hop across the Pennines to play the Elementals the next. Getting 2 fixtures out the way with one weekend and a single hotel stop.

Thoughts, questions, abuse, feel free to send them all my way. Oh and if you are interested put your team in

TEAMS

• Tractor Massive - Matt Spooner, Lee Battrick, Pete Wright, Mike Marshall, Scott Porter - Norwich
  • Monsters of Midtable - JP, Jimmy Balderstone, Craig Galbraith, Rob West - South Yorkshire
  • Squigs - Joel Henry, Graham Bursnell, Adam Hutchinson, Ben Halford, Brooks Martin, Johnny Donaldson - Leicester
  • Worhamma Headhunters - Nate Zettle, Vince Usher, David Golden, Connor Barker, Scott Parkin, Steve Pennock - Sunderland/Durham
  • Elementals - Aidan Kirk, Chris Hay, Pete Rees, Neil Dee, Matt Elliot, Richard Humphries - Manchester/Stockport
  • Team Tanelorn - Conrad Gonsalves, Matt Cole, Nick Roberts, Mike Soare, Nigel Doherty, Des Brennan - East London
  • YorkFaux - Peter Sidaway, Graham Arlington, Martin Jones, Bennett Morley, Sam Wood , Nathan Chenery - York
  • Titan Tyrants - mark ian proudlock, nick pratt, craig johnson, gaz dafydd walsh - lincoln

• The Black Joker Society - Mark Elwood, Gary Burgess, Josh Leak, Bruno Santos, Maria Wieland, Tim Brown - Cambridgeshire
  • Tyne & Wyrd  - Greg Piskosz, John Wharton, Russel Hunt, Darren Longworth - Newcastle
  • SMP - Benjamin Crowe, Austin Capewell, Jake Barlow, Aaron Bailey, Jan proudley, Mike Hutchinson - Da sauf init

• Thanet - Benjamin Crowe, Austin Capewell, Jake Barlow, Daryl, Paul, Zac - Da sauf init

• Crusaders - Joe Wood, Phil Hawtin, Dave Hill, James Reeves Haydn Dobby - Canterbury

• Harrogate Wargames Club - James Doxey, Ant Hoult, Paul Butler, Paul Hansel, Adam Reeve, A N Other - Harrogate

• Team Scotland - TBA

• Team Sanctuary - TBA

• Like 4

Just a thought.... If travelling times is over 8 hours in total (ie 4 there and 4 back) may be better to do a day on vassal? Of course not the same thing as in the flesh but I think it would get expensive quickly for people who don't have the transport links us Londoners enjoy (all roads leading to us and all that) if hotels always become part of the equation

@conrad No painting restrictions so Nigel should be good.

@hownotto possibly though I travel 4 hours there and back in a day for events now.  As I stated at the top, if travelling is going to be an issue for folks this possible isn't for them.  Other option of course is to meet at a neutral venue, say Tyne and Wyrd vs. SMP and they agree to meet at Sanctuary or an obliging friends house for the day

My suggested sequence of play for a singles round is something like this

Set up tables

Flip strat and scheme pool for each table

Determine by some method Team A and Team B (card flip rather than punch up)

Team A offers a player for table 1

Team B offers 2 players for table 1

Team A picks a Team B player

Team B offers a player for table 2

Team A offers 2 players for table 2

Team B picks a Team A player

Team A puts up a player for table 3

Team B picks which of 2 remaining team 2 players will play on 3

Remaining 2 players play on 4

• Like 1

I'll see about getting my guys organised for this.

Also where clubs are at opposite ends of the country they could arrange to meet at another club on neutral ground half way between.

So if Squigs needed to play Tyne and Wyrd for example I'd be happy to arrange for the teams to meet for the day at Harrogate's venue to minimise their travel.

I can see the travel thing is worrying people. If we get enough teams signed up i can always accelerate the plan and introduce conferences, though to get the numbers it would mean that things like SMP,would probably split into Thannet and Malibros. Then we could do 4 team pods and move onto knock out championships

Canterbury might manage the southern confrence, but I don't think we'd get enough passes to do multiple weekends to the north. (Day trips to London and Thanet, and possibly weekends to Bournmouth and maybe wales looks much more doable)

not sure if we'd have to merge with Thanet for an East Kent group, or if they can get enough themelves.