Battlecry (Auckland- NZ) Feb 2015

Vorschlag

I have the honour as a new henchman in Auckland of organizing the Malifaux tournament/tournaments for battlecry 2015.

The last two years Malifaux has been run as a set list one day event.

To help grow the games presence I will be running a pre-battlecry tournament for new players or returning from 1.5, the winner getting one of four crew boxes I have available.

At battlecry itself I would like to run 2 separate events, one will be the serious tournament to stick somewhat with tradition this will be on the Saturday, I would like to move away from the set list tournament however and would like to know what suits our players.

At least two of the minions in my playgroup want to go straight to set faction since we all have 2-3 crews in factions we play.

The other option would be set master, which is probably easier for newer players but less fun for developed players.

The second tournament on Sunday will be a little more casual, so far no one seems to like the 20 stones hardcore, so I am considering two options.

one would be a 35 stone set list tournament which would work nicely for newer players (who only a crew box) as well as experienced players who wish to compete.
The second option I am considering is a story tournament where players are given preset crews to use to act out each story (i.e players rotate across boards- the boards are preset with two opposing masters and a story).

I have posted all this on the Malifaux NZ face book but if anyone wants to give feed back they can also post it here or pm me.

Looking forward to coming up for this.

I prefer to play Fixed Faction, I like to fluff around, but Fixed Master is fine too.

As for day 2 35ss Fixed list sounds good. May skew towards summoners but as more of an intro for newbies it would work well.

Also not really into Hardcore, it sort of reduces the play to a slugfest.

I see RC has pretty much said the same thing over on FB.

I have been told that unless we generate significant interest Malifaux at Battlecry would only be able to be a single day event, I will keep everyone updated but hopefully we can generate enough interest to move away from the single day format and still have the mini tournament.

Choice, let us know when we can sign up and I'll do so right away.

Fixed Master is OK with me, along with Scarlett Fever I'd prefer Faction but it's not a game-breaker as long as strats are published beforehand.

Pretty excited to break the NZ Malifaux scene out of the small local environments and have more of a nationwide community!

Just re-posting the facebook update here"

Unfortunately we have not been able to secure a second day for the sect master tournament.
However here are the details we have so far:

The Tournament will be a 50 stone set faction tournament, this means you need to announce your faction with registration but may switch masters/crews between games if you wish.

All models must be painted and based.
Conversions are acceptable as either a simple conversion or to represent an unreleased model, all conversions must be 70% wyrd miniature.
No other proxies are allowed.

Players must have the cards or the appropriate book to represent models hired/summoned.
Players may be able to borrow models from other players or the t/o but it is advised that players try to have the models for everything in their crew or which they would like to summon.

All errata up to the tournament date will be applied, the tournament will be run using the current gaining grounds format on the day.

Schemes and strategies will be announced before each round, faction schemes will be available, no scheme may be taken more than once by each player.
Conceding counts as a 0-10 loss.

There will be awards for 1st and second prize, a prize for best painted faction/crew and a sportsmanship award.

If there is enough interest i.e we get enough early registrations I will organise a wooden spoon prize as per Damians request.

• 2 months later...

This Tournament is only a month away and we have players coming from Wellington and Hamilton, so you Auckland players better start getting in as much practice as you can.

Make good use of our games nights on Thursday in Redzeed Takapuna and Casual gaming on the weekend.

First place: a crew box and two arsenal decks
Second place: a crew box
Best painted faction: Killjoy and a black friday katanaka sniper
Sportsmanship: scheme and strategy deck and two arsenal decks
Wooden spoon: M2E mini rule book and two arsenal decks

Crew boxes in the prize pool:

Zoraida, Von Schill, Nicodem, Misaki, Rasputina, Perdita and Somer

(Please note: one of these boxes will be snatched by the winner of First Faltering steps)

Registrations close on Friday the 30th of January so register now if you haven't already http://www.battlecry.co.nz/events

Can everyone who has registered also announce their faction to me via email or PM

Looks like we will have a great turn out for battlecry this year with 12 people entered which is a massive increase on last year.

We also have a nice amount of diversity with all factions represented (arcanists and neverborn have one player each and everyone else has two).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys glad everyone seemed to enjoy, will probably be about 6 months before I run another one so we'll local at a local league or campaign in the mean time.

The only complaint I have apart from the drop outs was the lack of room provided for us, hopefully in the future Malifaux will get more priority from battlecry than to squish us between all those lesser games.