Black Friday Sale

You just have to ignore the smell Dirial!  I love the stuff but it's expensive if you want the proper stuff over here (UK)!

Same in Germany, too. But why would one bother? If I ignore the smell, there's only sugar water and an aftertaste of cough syrup left.  :unsure:

@Dirial it's an acquired taste certainly. I'm planning on some good ol' Irish Whiskey in mine...

D.

Now, I could get behind that!

No idea. It was a rather good American style restaurant, so I suppose something iconic.

That sadly doesn't mean much.  If you got something like Mug or Barqs from a fountain it's often watered down (and Mug is pretty watered down to begin with...).  If it was more of a brewery, the quality can be anywhere on the map.  I do find its pretty common for nice breweries to make a root beer with a very strong black licorice flavor, which definitely isn't for everyone.

I think A&W is probably the best out of the super mass market stuff, but my personal favorite currently is made by the Goose Island brewery out of Chicago.

BJ's Brewery and Restaurant brews their own in house. Pretty damn tasty to my palette. For the mass market I like A&W the best. Henry Weinhards (a beer brewer) does a pretty good root beer too. But I have had some truly horrible ones. Keep in mind there is root beer, ginger beer, sarsaparilla, and birch beer to name a few. There is a whole mircobrew industry. There is more of a range in flavor here then with colas, and colas have a fairly large range themselves.

annd I'm babbling about soda...sorry heh

Last year, Ortegas and Nicodem were at Black Friday, but not at Gencon. Thus, it's possible but not mandatory.

If memory serves Marcus was also available so some Arcanist love would be nice. I'm hoping for Hoffman, Kaeris & Shenlong.

Wyrd Answer our prayers! We have money we want to give to you *flutters eye lashes*

BJ's Brewery and Restaurant brews their own in house. Pretty damn tasty to my palette. For the mass market I like A&W the best. Henry Weinhards (a beer brewer) does a pretty good root beer too. But I have had some truly horrible ones. Keep in mind there is root beer, ginger beer, sarsaparilla, and birch beer to name a few. There is a whole mircobrew industry. There is more of a range in flavor here then with colas, and colas have a fairly large range themselves.

annd I'm babbling about soda...sorry heh

I'm really fond of Weinhards as well, though its prone to gushing foam at the slightest provocation.

We may have taken this thread a little off topic....

Wyrd should just announce what's going to be available during the Black Friday sale.  Probably the best thing to do at this point I think :D

I demand Black Friday info and will hold this thread hostage with discussions of tasty beverages until my demands are met! :D

• Like 1

We may have taken this thread a little off topic....

Wyrd should just announce what's going to be available during the Black Friday sale.  Probably the best thing to do at this point I think :D

IDK... there may be yet-unannounced plans on LE or pre-release softdrinks. Then we'd be right on topic.

More relevantly, if theirs is anything like my experience in receiving big shipments, I bet Wyrd is just being cautious about releasing info on packages that are getting down to the wire and not yet at the warehouse so waiting until the last comfortable deadline before announcing anything. It's also worth noting that the major docks on the west coast are pretty behind and potentially near a strike so, if they're waiting for stuff from overseas (rather than stuff that's already coming from a port), they'd probably be doubly wary of making any announcements.

IDK... there may be yet-unannounced plans on LE or pre-release softdrinks. Then we'd be right on topic.

More relevantly, if theirs is anything like my experience in receiving big shipments, I bet Wyrd is just being cautious about releasing info on packages that are getting down to the wire and not yet at the warehouse so waiting until the last comfortable deadline before announcing anything. It's also worth noting that the major docks on the west coast are pretty behind and potentially near a strike so, if they're waiting for stuff from overseas (rather than stuff that's already coming from a port), they'd probably be doubly wary of making any announcements.

Ding. Ding.

• Like 8