Row Houses Terrain...

Not sure where to post this but this is a project I am working on. It is meant as a border piece on the edge of a board. It is a slow going process but I am learning a ton and it is fun. It will be nice to get it finished and throw some figs on it. I tried to have each Row House have a little different theme going on so it will work with more than one gaming system. I think this will work for Malifaux hopefully.

Cheers,

John...

Row-House-2_zps23415164.jpg

Row-House-3_zpsbdf3713c.jpg

• Like 6

It's really awesome, do you have a blog with more pics or a guide at all?

My boys and I are just getting a blog put together but it does not have this piece on there yet. Very little content on it really. I need to go back and rummage through all my old stuff and photo's and get them posted. Just not all at once I suppose haha. When I do post the pics I will for sure try and give a step by step as to what I did. 

Cheers,

John...

• Like 1

My boys and I are just getting a blog put together but it does not have this piece on there yet. Very little content on it really. I need to go back and rummage through all my old stuff and photo's and get them posted. Just not all at once I suppose haha. When I do post the pics I will for sure try and give a step by step as to what I did. 

Cheers,

John...

I've managed to cyber-stalk you and find some more pics  ;)

Looking forward to the step by step though

I've managed to cyber-stalk you and find some more pics  ;)

Looking forward to the step by step though

Haha... I guess I am not hard to find. I forgot to post the blog link so here you go. I hope to get some pics on the blog this weekend. They will be earlier pics of course.

Cheers,

John...

http://totembadgers.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

Here some more progress on this piece. The dirt is done. I decided to try something new on the second piece and do the dirt first and attach the garbage after. We will see how that goes. I have painted the pieces of wood, the backpack and some material. Doing a medium job on them so it will look good at arms length. Will probably put more effort into the front of the buildings. I guess it all depends on the night. Hope to be consistent though. Haha...

C&C welcome...

Cheers,

John...

Row-House-11-5-142_zpsb7d36394.jpg

Row-House-11-5-141_zps762e3640.jpg

• Like 1

How did you do the individual blocks in the wall. I can see regular polystyrene for part of the walls. Is it filler that you've allowed to dry then sculpted into? Really nice work and i'd have thought a relatively inexpensive way of making a table look amazing.

Thanks man.

When it is all said and done no foam will be showing on this piece except for inside the windows and backside which I will end up painting black. I plan on covering it all with something. The rocks that are carved into the various areas was carved in. I would first frame the area in giving me about 1/4" deep at least. Then I would mix some plaster and pour it in the area I just framed in. The key here is not to let it dry all the way. I wait about 45 minutes or so then start carving. I always have a brush when I do this to remove material that I have just carved up. Hope that helps. I plan on giving more detail on our blog when I get a moment with more pictures.

Cheers,

John...

• Like 1