Can Leviticus be killed while buried?

Barnaberible

Question

So, Leveticus is buried and a load of void wretches go to town on him, killing him again. does he die?

The wording is;

'When this model is killed or sacrificed, it is not killed or sacrificed. Instead bury this model , remove all conditions and heal all damage on this model.l'

So I guess the question is can you be buried if you are already buried?

18 answers to this question

Under buried in the rule book Its has some verbiage saying abilities that go off on death while buried do not work. It then gives an example of a death marshals and finish the job.

The only way to kill levy is to kill him while buried. Void wretches can do it. But to stop levy from coming back just kill his waifs. Or the 6ss model guarding the waif.

Good question. I've re-read the buried rules. It doesn't specifically say no abilities (which I think I've read on the forums before), just that the model doesn't count as "in play" and out of range of LOS and effects. Reading Leveticus' rules, his ability does not specify that he has to be in play. So I'm confused. I've always thought that Leveticus could be killed while buried, but now I'm not sure.

Under the "Dead and Buried" section of the "Buried" rule (p.47), it states that if a model is killed while buried, "it will not benefit from any abilities that happen on the model's death (like Finish the Job)."

Finish the Job begins its rules with, "When this model is killed, ..."

Leveticus' Pariah's Soul begins its rules with, "When this model is killed or sacrificed, ..."

Leveticus can indeed be killed while buried, ignoring his Pariah's Soul, if I am understanding this correctly. A few Void Wretches could possibly put him under for good.

Though this does point out that the section discussing Dead and Buried doesn't have wording in it for models being sacrificed while buried, which could probably use fixing.

• Like 5

How would this work?  He removes all conditions when he buries so doesn't care if he's on fire?

It may well depend on how you bury him (rather than him buring himself).

Set him on fire and then use a death marshalls coffin, and he won't lose the conditions...

• Like 1

It may well depend on how you bury him (rather than him buring himself).

Set him on fire and then use a death marshalls coffin, and he won't lose the conditions...

Same could be said for Tara's method of burial but I think the general assumption if that he's burying himself. Can't wait to try Tara vs. Leve  :D

Myyra talked of setting him on fire before burying. So If Levi is being reduced to 0 wounds, and burying, setting him on fire first doesn't help (as he removes the condition)

Karina will work fine regardless of how he was being buried.

I just suggested a different way you could kill him, that works but I could only think of Death Marshals or Taras  crew s trigger of Glimpse that would bury him

Zfiend may have coem up with a different way, btu thats one way I can think of that would work.

Same could be said for Tara's method of burial but I think the general assumption if that he's burying himself. Can't wait to try Tara vs. Leve  :D

If you want a reasonable chance to kill Leveticus while he is buried, you should probably bring your own burial abilities, so that he doesn't always bury at full health. I would think its actually more common for Leveticus to die after someone else buried him instead of someone killing him from full hp while he has buried himself.

Edit: And the reference to zFiend was actually about me killing his Huggy, by lighting it up like a christmas tree and then burying it.

Note that if you set Leveticus on fire and then bury him, when it comes to the end of the turn he will choose to unbury first (assuming he has Waif anchors left), then take the burning damage (thus burying again and healing to full).

Tara's sword trigger can kill all his Waifs simultaneously, which is a nice way to permanently bury him. She's a pretty scary matchup for Levy.