"Modules"

Kreation

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...I really want to play this RPG, but in order for that to happen, I have to be the Fatemaster. I don't have the time to create adventures, so I read through a few on the forums to try and get quick ideas...BUT, are there plans or are there any "modules" (like D&D used to do) that are complete and ready to play? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Monthly seems like it would involve a lot of work, when there's also supposed to be a series of new books. I would imagine they would at most come in the Chronicles, which is every two months, but I'd say it's more likely they'll be spaced out more, maybe three or four a year.

Definitely agree that once a month is a bit much, especially without a dedicated staff of writers. I've been working on an introductory inventory for demo type play for the last two weeks and am only about half way thru. You are welcome to that when I'm done (may require some adaption or you can use the pre-gened characters I have).

• Like 1

I found that structuring a sub sect of the environment helped. By removing my fated out to a nearby location I have been able to give them the flavours of Malifaux with a hint of the familiar. I created Whitehaven by using a few online guides to the various proffesions found in an old west mining town. I combined a lot of this with census papers from 1905 to get most of the names. Hey presto its a virtual WoD City book. Next apply factions and figure out what brings your fated into the location which will encourage them to stay. Next figure out who has the power in your location? Who wants the power? Who are their bosses (this will tell you about the levels of resource)?

To flesh out the environment figure out three big secrets and who knows what. These secrets should help you figure out where the campaign is going to end. An exciting gun battle with a resser requires that resser be a thing and that isn't done in a single session. If you figure out what the movers and shakers in your environment are planning on doing then the less important characters become more functions of their job or the story.

On a personal level I have found the existence of the normal malifaux masters a great tool. Again like WoD the knowledge of the characters that have risen to the top makes writing quite easy. For example Whitehaven was introduced to the fated by Lucius and Whitehaven itself is well known as a town connected heavily with the union which brings all kinds of influences to the story.

The intention of this was perhaps slightly subversive by placing my players malifaux adjacent I have provoked interest in fate mastering from my fated and because of the general length of a TtB campaign is fairly short it's easy to bop around the environment for 15-20session stories.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was also curious if anyone kept a copy or if there is one post from the TTB event at GenCon. I think it said it was a 3 day campaign? I did hear back on the KS and they said that that Penny Dreadful wasn't complete yet, but will be sent out once it is. :)

• Like 1

3 days!?! Really?

I may be missing something. Given the skill growth system not to mention that each fated has 5 steps to their destiny it seems obsurd to think that it could all take place over a three day period within game.

I assume a small group so lets say 3. 5 destiny steps each allowing for crossovers without being too contrived about their meanings (and assuming they all fit nicely into the pre-written story) lets say 7-9 sessions minimum and that also means 7-9 skill growth opertunites power obtains etc all over a three day period.

I must have missed something as that sounds really silly.