Pull My Finger's future

Lucidicide

Personally when I first started Malifaux and then again with the group effort of updating the Wiki with new Masters from Wave 2 I found the information to be invaluable in deciding on a Faction and a Master. It's a wealth of knowledge when learning tactics and I'm sure that many new players who will get on the Malifaux Express will agree with me, I still use it now even after playing none stop for over a year. It would be a crying shame if we lose Pull My Finger.

Thank you thank you thank you for this Wyrd staff! This is such a great move on your parts. I think that hosting PMF on the Wyrd website will, besides driving more traffic your way, keep you in great spirits with much of your playerbase (as opposed to just good spirits). I'd surmise that if you just let it fall by the wayside, some might have taken that as "oh, Wyrd doesn't care" and that's clearly not the case.

So thank you once again for this proposal! :)

~Lil Kalki

• Like 3

Having it connected to the wyrd site would certainly help to increase the wikis exposure, and continue to provide a great resource for new and veteran players. I jave found it to be a great resource. My only fear is that by having it hosted by the Wyrd website they are taking on some of the responsibility for what gets posted simply due to the fact that they would be hosting it. I would hope that would never lead to any sort of implications for the company.

• Like 2

As long as it continues to be fan supported I'm all for it. While its not a resource I've used too often, I know it is invaluable and love seeing community support like this. It just helps show new players that a large base of players have shared their knowledge and that Wyrd games and the players of their great product love it so much they are willing to pour their free time into it.

• Like 3

As long as it continues to be fan supported I'm all for it. While its not a resource I've used too often, I know it is invaluable and love seeing community support like this. It just helps show new players that a large base of players have shared their knowledge and that Wyrd games and the players of their great product love it so much they are willing to pour their free time into it.

I always feel weird directing my browser to a fart joke (a genre of jokes I generally abhor) for tactics.

I fully support the move for Wyrd to host it, so long as it remains fan-supported.  Honestly, that move would prove Wyrd to be the most fan-centric company out there -- they would be hosting a tactica wiki where other companies have been rumored to attempt to shut such wikis down.

• Like 3

While I appreciate the offer, I'm opposed to Pull My Finger being on web-space that Wyrd controls. This is an ideological opposition and not an indictment of Wyrd at all. It's encouraging to see Wyrd acknowledging, supporting, and even endorsing something like PMF. That's a lot more forward-thinking and giving than many other game companies are with this kind of effort so, for that, I thank Wyrd.

Resources like PMF are best when they are fan-owned and operated. That's not to say that there aren't inherent challenges with fan-owned efforts but I would see PMF on company web-space as a conflict of interest. Not that I see this as a likely scenario but if PMF was moved to Wyrd's webspace and a decision was made within Wyrd to shut it down that could happen instantaneously, without fan input, and with no recourse. Again, I realize and acknowledge that Wyrd has cultivated a lot of goodwill and has not given any indication that they'd do this sort of thing but that's for the Wyrd Games we know in the here and now. Circumstances sometimes change.

I realize this feedback will be an outlier and that's cool. I also acknowledge that the likelihood of what I'm concerned about most occurring is low.  I only mention this because I, like I'm sure many others here, have scars from other game companies scuttling community-run resources for what never feels like a good reason.

I'll also state that I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and contribute financially to keeping PMF on Wikispaces or any other appropriate and independent web-based service.

Resources like PMF are best when they are fan-owned and operated. That's not to say that there aren't inherent challenges with fan-owned efforts but I would see PMF on company web-space as a conflict of interest. Not that I see this as a likely scenario but if PMF was moved to Wyrd's webspace and a decision was made within Wyrd to shut it down that could happen instantaneously, without fan input, and with no recourse. Again, I realize and acknowledge that Wyrd has cultivated a lot of goodwill and has not given any indication that they'd do this sort of thing but that's for the Wyrd Games we know in the here and now. Circumstances sometimes change.

Wyrd already has the rights to do this if they ever wanted to. If they did not like PMF regardless of where it was hosted they could send cease and desist to the web hosting company and owners of the content. It is their IP after-all. I think your point while ideologically sound, in no way represents that Wyrd has the power legally to do this. Now I would never expect that to happen as Wyrd has (from day 1 of PMF) supported it whole heartedly and looks to even be stepping up to be 'part of the community' rather than a 'dictator of the community'. Their support will be in $ instead of content, which I think is awesome.

• Like 3