TTB Mini builds and their characters

BrotherPaulos

Hi Folks,

I'm getting ready to run a couple of demo adventures here and I'm looking at the multipurpose sprue and wondering what's possible. I did a quick search but I guess we're all finding our feet right now. I thought I'd share the sculpts I knock out over the next couple of days. I'd love to see what everyone else is putting together.

So first up Tarn Carmichael, Westrel and gambler extraordinaire. Pictured here in the brokentooth saloon uttering "sure son you might have three aces, but I've got five right here. You got a problem with that?"

7795ac83-49cc-4550-a2a7-db766111bb3a.jpg

He needs a little tidying up, but I'm feeling the need to work up a Dabbler next.

I have a female one in the work, a special nod to the first character I made in the Beta *ended up flipping an Ortega for the Station so my mental picture of her changed right then*.  I am just trying to figure out arms as I am not to keen on the selection.  I wanted ones that were hanging like she was about to draw but noticed the female sprue lacked any.  So the rest of her is ready *even shortened her legs* just need to figure out what I am going to do about arms.

Well a busy afternoon of hobby gives me a chance to show off four more characters and their respective sculpts.

First up Natalia Stone my Dabbler, who upon being cornered by a group of Trafalgar Bay thugs turns and offers a "nice warm hug" to her assailants. Their shadows are burned into the walls of that alley as a reminder to others.

86670bab-087d-41fa-9dd0-131a42e60435.jpg

Next we have Tremaine, the "Mississippi Mauler" Tremaine has a reputation the length and breadth of the Southern States as a loner and a strong silent type. Slow to anger, he never throws the first punch, but he always throws the last.

f2cd4eb6-4b72-4216-ae09-95f5a40d7db6.jpg

Then we have Coley Elkin, mercenary for hire. Elkin has been on the trail for decades, he's always alert for danger, a veteran of many years in the wild. Elkin has been written off more times than can be counted but he always comes back eventually, usually after exacting vengeance on those who stood in his way.

dafc1328-44de-43ee-a6ce-4de1426d6d4e.jpg

Finally comes Cordellia Steel, a governess who along with the family she was accompanying were ambushed and left for dead. Unwilling to accept the crude prosthetics of the hospital, she sought out Arcanist practitioners back on Earth and worked with them to learn and later forge suitable prosthetics in return for certain family secrets. Disowned by her family and publicly disgraced, Cordellia is a survivor seeking a new place to call home.

4fc6f9a9-5bd4-4274-b5c5-57c8f0515d9c.jpg

• Like 2

Taking a look at her Cordellia It looks like she is almost entirely from the sprue though the only parts I am unsure of is the left arm.  I know the staff weapon is not from the sprue nor is the hand likely but I am not sure about the rest of the arm as I cannot place which one it might be if it is from the sprue.

Still that means she is atleast 80% from the sprue.

Cordellia is completely off the sprue with the exception of a watch part on the top of the cane/staff thing. I cut and rotated the hand holding the cane at the forearm, you can see the cut where I haven't filled it yet. Since the pic was taken I've cut the mechanical arm at the elbow and slightly repositioned for a slightly more natural pose.

The mechanical leg just needed a little sanding at the hip to get it to sit comfortably inside the skirts.

I've knocked out a couple more male characters but that'll have to wait till I can get my camera on them and get some more bases stamped.

There looks to be a punky girl look on the female sprue that is calling out to be made next, think she may end up being a gunslinger as I really want to emphasise at the open nights how powerful female portrayal is in the Malifaux universe.

Marcus Smith...Pit Fighter...

Worked as an 'Enforcer' for his families semi-legitimate business interests primarily in the areas of fight arrangement and training fighters before becoming disillusioned with the lack of prospects that come from being the youngest of seven children. After initially refusing to pay for his passage his family inexplicably changed their minds and arranged for the necessary travel papers and a list of potential employment contacts Breachside. If he'd known the reasons for his families sudden change of heart he'd probably have stayed where he was...

My FM is currently coming up with stats for a Sawn-off shotgun as there aren't any in the rulebook...the model has a standard gun for now just in case we can't come up with anything reasonable...of course what me as a player think is reasonable and what my FM thinks are reasonable are two different things...

Blog post is here at the following link...

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/through-breach-rpg-introducing-my.html

Through%2Bthe%2BBreach%2BRPG%2B-%2BScrap

• Like 1

I'm waiting for my MP sprues to arrive so I can start making models.

I plan on making some guild autopsies to use in Malifaux and then some generic NPC/PC archetypes and hopefully make a suitable model for one of my players characters, Eldreth who is a dabbler.

Thanks guys,

Keep your minis coming, or even your ideas, it keeps the creativity flowing.

Liam - I'll drop you a mail when we get past some one off intro sessions I running for new players.

Vinush - Are you planning on converting only I didn't see much beyond a Resser face to really flesh out the mini on the male sprue.