Anyone finished a Nightmare Whiskey Golem?

Mr_Unclean

I've gotten most of my golem from Gen Con put together, but the gremlin on the swing is proving to be - well - a nightmare. I have a feeling that if his arms aren't lined up exactly right then the entire swing assembly will never fit together properly, but between the sausagey nature of my fingers, the tinyness of his arms, and the fact that the indentation to line them up is not very deep, I can't seem to make them line up on dry fitting. I would try to pin them, but the smallest bit in my hobby drill is almost as wide as the gremlin's shoulders. Can anyone who has successfully assembled this model give me any advice?

Hit hard and hope?

But, really, model glue (the kind that melts plastic together) has a much longer play time than super glue.  Even with that, I couldn't get the gremlin to sit on the swing like he was supposed to.

So, my suggestion is invest in some nail files and your gap filler of choice and make it work. :(

• 1 month later...

Another viable option for the problem "swinging gremlin" is to get some "Paracord" also called 550 cord. Take out the "innards" and use one of those strings to replace the plastic rope ones. All it really requires is a pin vice to drill the hole through the golem's hand.

You get the added benefit of having your gremlin actually swing when you move the golem.

• 2 years later...