Frost Bite-Jan 24th 2015 Sanctuary Gaming Centre

laceinit

Sanctuary will be running its first 1 day, 50 soul stone event of the year.

There will be enough space for everybody!!

For full details please use the link to the rules pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffqgftu2wg17feq/frost%20bite.pdf?dl=0

https://www.facebook.com/events/722320754504953/

Paid Entries

Theo Banks

Emma Banks

Greg Piskosz-Won free entry at Maloween

Graeme Nicholls

Maria Wieland

Robert Aryes

Ross Mason

Benjamin Harris

Steven Wilson

Ross Clarke

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'll be likely to come to this, I have a few questions though:

Is it intended that the last game has an impossible scheme pool? ( :tome 1,8,9)

How will round pairings and the winner be determined? (As in Gaining Grounds: VP diff, then total VP or any other way?)

How does this FREEZE work? Is it considered a casting action? Is the duel modified by actions (like focus) or abilities (like models that gain :+fate or +2 on WP duels). Can FREEZE be removed by Chiaki, Johan, or other models? It is stated to be a condition, but some conditions (like distracted) say they can't be removed.

(I'm not sure FREEZE is worth it anyways, I use the whole or two third of an important model's activation to have a slightly better than 50% chance that I can't influence to effectively paralyse a model. If I fail my opponent laughs because I wasted 2 AP, and if I succeed I traded a model for a model.)

• Like 1

Will you be keeping a list of signups here?

I'm planning on buying a ticket at the end of this month, but I don't know how many people have already signed up?

Maria raises some good points regarding Freeze - it's a nice idea, but as it stands I don't think I would ever use it except in *very* situational circumstances.

I would reword the Freeze action to a more standard format so it is understandable - because it's been written in paragraph form, it's not clear how it interacts with existing rules. If you're happy with what it does, I think you want it to say this:

(2) FREEZE! ( Wp 4 / TN: 12 / Rst: Wp / Rg: :ranged 10) The attack and resist flips cannot be cheated. Target model gains the Paralysed condition which cannot be removed by any means, and iany immunity to the Paralysed condition is ignored. This action may only be taken once per game.

Hi There,

Maria, in answer to your question regarding scoring and game pairing,

Following the feedback from Maloween, We are going to be adjusting the scoring for any of the Sanctuary Malifaux tournament from now on to match the standard Gaining Ground scoring so 3pt win,1pt draw, 0pt loss, ties resolved based on VP differential first and then total VP.

Game pairings will be done Swiss (with the first round pairing being done using the card draw method Rich likes so much. ;)) then based on Tournament points.

Will you be keeping a list of signups here?

I'm planning on buying a ticket at the end of this month, but I don't know how many people have already signed up?

Maria raises some good points regarding Freeze - it's a nice idea, but as it stands I don't think I would ever use it except in *very* situational circumstances.

I would reword the Freeze action to a more standard format so it is understandable - because it's been written in paragraph form, it's not clear how it interacts with existing rules. If you're happy with what it does, I think you want it to say this:

(2) FREEZE! ( Wp 4 / TN: 12 / Rst: Wp / Rg: :ranged 10) The attack and resist flips cannot be cheated. Target model gains the Paralysed condition which cannot be removed by any means, and iany immunity to the Paralysed condition is ignored. This action may only be taken once per game.

Sign ups will be updated every few weeks to keep people informed, numbers will be healthy.

As for the FREEZE action it is something optional that is not meant to be over powered and will be a big risk if attempted. I do not expect many people to use it.    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...