"Wave 3" Generic Upgrades and thoughts

necroon

Thank you for the positive feedback!

I'm looking to try Mimic's Blessing on a lot of different models; Widow Weaver, Candy in a melee 'Dora build, and the twins.  Any model with a bullseye on it seems like a good choice, which basically means half the faction now that I think about it.  Also, Retribution's Eye on a Mature Nephilim sounds hilarious :D

I hesitate to give Wings of Darkness to Lilith only because I like her three main upgrades way too much and can't decide which to give up.  Beckon Malifaux is probably the most disposable for me, so I'll give that a try.

I hesitate to give Wings of Darkness to Lilith only because I like her three main upgrades way too much and can't decide which to give up.  Beckon Malifaux is probably the most disposable for me, so I'll give that a try.

Yeah I hear that... 

I'm not sure what I'd drop. If I wanted to be charging I guess it would be The Living Blade and I'd keep Wicked Mistress and Beckon Malifaux. I'm not sure I could live without those dense trees... that's half the fun of playing Lillith (for me). 

Vorschlag, on 11 Sept 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

snapback.png

:+fate on Initiative is nowhere near as reliable as being able to cheat Initiative, so Neverborn are still ahead in that area. 

Personally I'd rather have the positive flip and keep my high cards for important actions, I can't believe that upgrade exists...

• Like 1

Yeah, Arcanist's still easily remain the gold standard for useful/awesome upgrades.

For myself, I'm glad we got some decent options compared to before, and I think Retribution's Eye and Wings of Darkness will see quite a bit of use.

Mimic's Blessing... I'll probably try out a bit. I remain sad the 'on death' abiilty is so incredibly inferior to Imbued Energies. The camouflage ability itself is certainly a nicer boon than Pact, but I think it will tend to work only in very focused builds. Candy with Mimic's Blessing and Useless Duplications can make for a very interesting tank, and I may try building some crews along those lines.

The main weakness is that the more things in your crew with Camouflage, the less useful it is, since they can't all delay until the end of the round, so some of them will inevitably get much less use out of it.