"Wave 3" Generic Upgrades and thoughts

necroon

Well we have our "wave 3" generic upgrades in our arsenal boxes.

Any thoughts on these? 

I'm probably only ever going to put Mimic's blessing down every now and then (maybe on a Teddy) but don't see myself using the others. Maybe Wings of darkness on Lynch or Dreamer (I card cycle a lot with the Dreamer). Not super pleased with Retribution's eye being Rare 1: Would have liked the whole thing to have been scrapped for something akin to Imbued Energies or Oathkeeper. 

I've got them in my dropbox here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cynasmyptkconzc/GenericFactionUpgrades.pdf?dl=0

Be aware though, some of them have changed since they were taken down at the end of Wave 3's Beta.

----EDIT-----

NOTE - THESE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL CARDS. THEY ARE THE FINAL FORM BEFORE BETA TESTING ENDED. 

My personal feeling is we shouldn't be sharing these out much anymore as they are not the 'official' cards.

Agreed, this is why I made sure to mention that they have in fact changed but seeing as most of us who didn't get to GenCon or couldn't order at the time from the store it at least gives us an idea of what is on the horizon. I should probably have made it clear that they aren't in fact official. In fact I'll edit the previous post now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a chance to use Wings of Darkness in a tournament recently. 

The flight was pretty well useless for the Dreamer but that third card definitely made it earn it's point. 

I'm going to try out Mimic's Blessing on a few models that rely on positioning and the Hooded Rider with Retribution's Eye and see how it feels. 

Anyone else had any in-game experience with them as of yet? 

Since I got the DropBox link, I have used Wings of Darkness and Mimic's Blessing. The "extra" movement that flight gives Lucius is very good, as it helps getting LOS, and the three cards is a nice bonus.

Mimic's Blessing I have used on both the Doppelganger and Mr. Graves. So far it has made people think twice about attacking those models and it really helps keeping Mr. Graves alive, as his hgt 3 is no longer a problem.

• Like 1

I'm thinking more and more about packing Wings of Darkness on my Standard Lillith kit out

With the primordial magic and a soul stone she's drawing 6 (initial) + 2 Rush of Magics + 3 From a stone, discarding down to 6, and can make even better use of not needing LOS to charge. 

Plus the visual image of her with angel wings is pretty awesome... I'll have to order some bits for her  ;)

Mimic's Blessing I have used on both the Doppelganger and Mr. Graves. So far it has made people think twice about attacking those models and it really helps keeping Mr. Graves alive, as his hgt 3 is no longer a problem.

That's very similar to the reason I found it appealing on teddies: good to know it has the desired effect! 

I also used Wings of Darkness during a tournament this last weekend ( #NovaopenMalifaux !!)...in four games using it on Dreamer I only felt it made a difference in one game. The others the goddess of luck frowned on my hands and I had little to work with even with the extra cards.

But in that one game, it was Teddy-ville, as I was able to summon three extra Teddy models and still have highish cards to cheat with.

Wings of Darkness will be an auto-include for me on Dreamer going forward, with or without Tannen. 

• Like 1

Expert Sleuth looks good on paper to me. I'd give it a try as I typically run a bunch of henchmen and enforcers and it's cheep.

This? What is this even? 

This slanderous upgrade is clearly not Neverborn! 

I'm kidding  :P But what is Exper Sleuth? I'm not familiar with it. 

Sadly flight does nothing for pushes. pushes are not normal "moves" therefore arent effected. incorporeal states that it is effected by pushes so its better in that aspect.

Ah yeah that's kinda what I thought. I'm curious why Flight was good on Pandy (I'm not familiar with her: need to get her on the table more)

I'm thinking more and more about packing Wings of Darkness on my Standard Lillith kit out

With the primordial magic and a soul stone she's drawing 6 (initial) + 2 Rush of Magics + 3 From a stone, discarding down to 6, and can make even better use of not needing LOS to charge. 

Plus the visual image of her with angel wings is pretty awesome... I'll have to order some bits for her  ;)

I actually converted mine way back when the new plastic crew came out.  I used a pair of wings off of a WarmaHordes griffon model.  Had to clip them down a bit and pin them to her back but it worked quite nicely.

• Like 1

I actually converted mine way back when the new plastic crew came out. I used a pair of wings off of a WarmaHordes griffon model. Had to clip them down a bit and pin them to her back but it worked quite nicely.

Oh cool! Do you have pictures, by chance? I'm looking for wings that would work.