Another Fate Forged: "Union" Jack Corbin

Brewmaster

Quote: “Ya ain’t dangerous with only a fistful of bullets and a little dash-fire. You’re dangerous when you know when to use em.”

About 7 times out of 10, when I’m making characters, I usually base it off a mini that I think looks super awesome. For the first of the pregens I’m posting, this is COMPLETELY the case. I present “Union” Jack Corbin (or as his mini is known, Sheriff Mic Ironclad).

Background: With the name Union Jack stuck in my head, and the design of the mini, I started with the broad strokes: What’s this guys deal? What’s his faction? Where is he on the alignment axis? The first thing that came to mind when looking at what I have was Dirty Harry with a heavy dollop of Bodhi from Point Break. Corbin’s a Lawful Neutral guy; he has a code of ethics and refuses to play games. He’s efficient at his job, probably to the point of stepping on toes. Deep down, the reason he pursues the job at hand like a hungry pitbull is he craves the rush. He’s experienced the fringes which makes the mundane “Normalcy” muted and colorless. But he’s not a reckless person. He doesn’t need to skin iron to prove a point. The big thing he’s learned in life is basic dog psychology. You project alpha male strength, people won’t challenge you. You project weakness, that promotes violence.

Given his steadfastness to his code, Jack could ONLY fall in the faction of Outcast. The Guild has shown its reliance on bureaucracy and rules to be in charge, and M&SU members are wild cards for the sake of being wild in Jack’s mind. That’s not to say he wouldn’t work with them, Jack just knows that it’s a matter of when they disagree.

Mechanically speaking, I see Jack fulfilling the leader role: Setting people where they need to be, improving their skills, generally being an anchor point to guide. Clear Orders, Calm and Collected, and Hard to Kill seem like general talents to push towards, and the Overseer seems like prime territory for Jack, with Gunfighter as the secondary option. Other options really develop based on the story, but the big thing I’d like Jack to develop is The Stare. As he gets more skilled, and the tales of Union Jack grow larger, Jack should simply be able to Stare someone down (Which to me seems like taking the Terrifying Aura Magia and turning it into a manifested power.)

Card Stuff:

Station: Engineer Pursuit: Gunfighter

Modified stats

Might -1           Intellect -1 

Grace 3            Charm -1

Speed  -2         Cunning 1

Resilience 1     Tenacity 2

Skills: Engineering 1, Intimidate 3, Toughness 2, Convince 1, Gambling 1, Scrutiny 1

Shotgun, Pugilism 2, Evade 2, Notice 2, Pistols 2, Leadership 2

Starting General Talent: Unequaled Accuracy (shotgun)

Tarot:

Once your soul has been stained by silence, an empty grave will fill with melody for the gloom will deny that it knows you.

The Leaves will whisper your name and shout your exodus and you will drive the chariot of winter.

• Like 4