Gremlins, Bayou and Booze!

bandages

Hello!

I am a recent convert to Malifaux, and I have to say it really has relit my enthusiasm with the modelling hobby. It's just so much...fun!

Anyway, I decided that Gremlins would be my faction of choice, as they are simply magnificent in all aspects. I picked up the Som'er box set and I have to say it was...tricky...to assemble. The feet of the Bayou Gremlins in particular still make me shudder at night. And those Skeeters...God damn those Skeeters....

Anyway here's my progress so far, they've only been assembled and based, but I'm hoping to get them painted at a reasonably steady rate.

IMG_2432_zpsb8c32497.jpg

IMG_2430_zps234da191.jpg

IMG_2427_zps00f7d895.jpg

IMG_2425_zpsf7e72cac.jpg

I am lucky enough to have access to a laser cutter at work so I had a go at making some custom Gremlin Markers/Tokens!

IMG_2438_zps54a20c04.jpg

Next up, a few laser cut Malifaux terrain bits. Aiming for this sort of complexity/standard;
bf-undertakers_zps36403287.jpg
If I can be arsed with painting it...
  • Like 4

Thank you all for the encouraging comments!

Up first Lenny, an enjoyable model to paint, I still have the reeds and vegetation to add, as well as the Vallejo still water to the actual swamp, but overall happy with him.

IMG_2456_zpsed9c1cbd.jpg

IMG_2448_zps64b781bd.jpg

Not delighted with the wooden planks, found them quite tricky to paint, any tips would be much appreciated.

• Like 2

If you want, you can email me and I'll share with you the malifaux laser cut terrain files I've designed. I have two 1 story buildings, a water tower, a horse carriage, some interior furniture, a modular fence system and an outhouse. I have access to a 36" x 60" laser bed (textile laser), but limited access to wood boards bigger than 12" x 24"tumblr_inline_naipenzgSI1r2byuv.jpg

Thank you for all of the feedback!

I think Lenny is awsome!

But you could try to paint some washes over the figure, to make the gradiant between the colours a bit better, so you wont see the strokes of the paint as stark (I think that is the english word for it? ^^)

I agree, the photos seem to really highlight the brush strokes and emphasise the lack of mid tone. It's weird as (and I know this sounds like an excuse!) but in day lighting the cloth gradient seem a lot smoother...

Anyway, here's Som'er. Still have reeds and Water effects to add to the base. 

SomerteethJones2_zps0ba1e3f0.jpg

SomerteethJones1_zpsda005679.jpg

And some Laser cut terrain I made at work;

IMG_2501_zpsfde7358f.jpg

• Like 6

I am loving your Lenny

I to enjoyed painting him ... such a nice model to paint

albeit mine is the old metal on ... but they are practically the same

Probably a dumb question ... but what kind of wood did you use for the planks?

I am thinking Bolster wood (Or how ever it is spelt)???

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Got to say that I really love your basing. What are you planning on writing above Ophelia?

Not sure yet; Maybe 'Shoot High, Boys!' or 'Blud iz ficka dan Booze', or something Bayou related

After a bit of a break, I am now determined to try and get both crews finished by Christmas! I know it's ages, but I am a slow painter...

Skeeters: I 'm not really delighted with the final outcome, they're a nightmare to paint as all the parts are so fragile and it's tricky to dry brush certain sections.

Moreover they're MUCH bigger than the 30mm bases, so I tried to give them a flying aesthetic, but to be honest, their pose is more suited to being landed. 

Anyway, I still have the reeds and water effects to add.

IMG_2659_zps9ef55968.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update on some of the Laser-cut scenery I've been making at work. Ideally I'd like to make enough for a complete set that I can just leave at my LGC: Tanelorn in East London.

There are some issues scale wise, especially with the Saloon. Being a Gremlins player, I have found their inconsistent scaling makes it difficult to get the proportions of the scenery right.

IMG_2719_zps9b440bd5.jpg

IMG_2716_zps36dace9f.jpg

IMG_2715_zpsf1ec527d.jpg

The Graveyard will eventually have a Church to go with it!

IMG_2714_zps542fdf78.jpg

Inside of the Saloon:

IMG_2721_zpsa5688628.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...