Sigmar's Offerings

sigmar3

Nearly finished building the Hired Swords pack, and I have to say wow what a pain they were to get together. I don't class myself as a beginner, but I admit I had a lot of trouble gluing these, and getting them to match. Getting arm sockets and then wrists to weapons, etc, was hard work and I'm going to have to do a little extra work to make joins a bit smoother and less obvious. Maybe my fat fingers are just used to bigger scale models lol.

However, they are really nice looking figures, can't wait to start painting!

20140929_173041_zpsaduhlt44.jpgIMG-20140929-WA0002_zps3mxf1bzn.jpg

... what a pain they were to get together. I don't class myself as a beginner, but I admit I had a lot of trouble gluing these, and getting them to match.

I haven't put the Viks together yet myself but this seems to be the running topic in my group about most of the minis.

I can't say I mind the challenge.

Your painting is phenomenal and I can't wait to see what you do with the Viks.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. It's about now I start thinking what lovely models they are...and how will I ruin them lol. I am looking forward to painting them though, just waiting for a few bases to arrive. I also read in various places about the living hell that was building these, and I kind of scoffed at the idea...'how hard can they be......oh'. But very rewarding when complete.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been too active unfortunately but am doing a little, hence... mature nephilim. I have to admit I'm kind of finishing this because I'm a bit of a completist more than anything.

20141019_195101_zps4ef3yrnx.jpg

20141019_194838_zpsvtklac2t.jpg

As well as gearing up for the Hired Swords I have this non Malifaux guy ready

20141019_194917_zpswfhhpkfv.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year to you all! Let's kick it off with some actual painting...here is a wip shot of the copy cat killer. I think the art work in Malifaux is superb, and I would tend to use it as a guide. However as this model is such a little leprechaun basically I went for some ginger hair as it seemed to suit it lol. 20150104_202606_zpsda6znaez.jpg

Wip

I had problems getting them put together too, and I've seen it as a relatively common complaint online.

You paint just like I do, it seems! - Lots of models on the table at once!

I love the Dredd model; He looks straight out of the comics (minus the background)

As for Seamus' OSL-eye, perhaps go brighter on the eye itself, which would make it look like it's glowing. OSL I find is incredibly difficult to do without making it look overdone, and considering the rest of Seamus is daylight-painted, presumably even in Malifaux sunlight would trump eye-glow, so it'd be just where the sun doesn't reach. (Was about to say where the sun doesn't shine, but that has a bit of a different connotation!)

• Like 1

even in Malifaux sunlight would trump eye-glow, so it'd be just where the sun doesn't reach. (Was about to say where the sun doesn't shine, but that has a bit of a different connotation!)

Haha. Thanks for the advise Clawz. I wanted to try OSL on something a bit smaller to test myself, see if I could do it before I possibly tried it on a whole model or something ...and didn't really consider the fact I'd painted the rest as in daylight. So not sure if it totally works but I may brighten the eye itself, one day. For now I'm relatively pleased with it, still feel I'm improving

Thanks for sharing your minis. Really nice paint jobs all around. I like the red horns-red eyes-red horns on the nephilim. I think that, mixed with the reddish-pink on the underside of the wings, the red keeps the viewer's eyes moving. 

Your hired swords look seamlessly put together. I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches on the assembly The Guild's Judgement, and while I like the detail in these figures, there are some parts that are too tiny. Lady Justice's sword comes in two pieces, yet there is a sprue that terminates directly in to the top of her head  :huh: I digress. My point was assembly can be tricky, and you've done a great job  :)

• Like 1

Thanks B Wo, appreciate the comments. I have to admit I did use some bad language more than once assembling these lol.

I have done a little more on the copy cat killer, though I'm not sure it shows up to well on the photos I've taken (from my phone). Still. For once I might actually try and convince you guys that there is more colour contrast than these rubbish pics show. It's so easy to take a quick pic with the phone, upload to photobucket and link here...but doesn't end up with the highest quality pics. Forgive me.

20150112_203147_zpslnm2hka_edit_14210978

20150112_203249_zpsvcoiqwj_edit_14210974

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I've finished (or I'm basically happy with) the Copy Cat Killer and I'll try get up a pic soon, not a camera phone one. However instead I have started the bare basics on Madam Sybelle. I want to follow the art mostly, but I want also want to go for a waxy dead look. See how it goes. Slightly messy at the moment.

20150125_172603_zpse4yvmiai.jpg

20150125_172748_zpsse9ibhm7.jpg

• Like 2

Aha Clawz, to answer your question I did indeed consider doing the hats different colours. However I went for the look in the artwork in the end, plus I just thought it may start to look a little 'busy' if I changed it up. Though, actually, it could work. Thanks for the nice feedback.