Scale of Multi part minis off?

ehren37

Their proportions are off, both when looking at the female minis alone (their legs are way too long) and when comparing them to the male models. They are supposed to depict human beings. They evidently do not. Hence they are not fit for purpose.

Pic?

EDIT:

Saw pics. Was unimpressed.

• Like 1

The miniatures I received are most certainly not what I expected when I gave Wyrd my money. Hence I want my money back

I agree Norton however. You haven't given wyrd your money you helped them create it. Cause they "did'nt" have the money themselves. Officially they have fulfilled their side of the bargin. They created miniatures and sended them out. We presumed the scale would be correct but it is'nt

Normally when this happens people "wyrd"(or other companies) in this case set the problem straight by correcting the mold or sprue and send or make the correct items. However due to time constraints on the release of TTB they went with this side of the road. Releasing it and then saying to the people who made it possibly thanks for your money ow here is an old box. Which most people most likely will have. and sorry but the miniatures you actually payed for are fit to purpose in which anyone should see they would'nt be.

This is the problem of Kickstarter basicly and wyrd abbusing their trust imo. In sending out a faulty product, even saying its correct or fits the purpose when the male mpm is correctly sized and later the female mpm will be corrected and sold. without having to give us the proper one.

This is really really low, and a big warning for any other future "miniatures" based kickstarter if they even ever will do one. Which I think they will anyway.

@Doc

There have been pictures in this thread alone enough about this. Again you might find 4mm not a problem it seems a lot of us think it is (I do aswell). Your argument simply doesn't hold up, simply cause you say your okay with miniatures being out of scale is not an argument just a preference of some kind. I like precision from a miniatures company that says it produces 32mm herioc not a ranging mm for 32-38 and deems it fit to purpose. If all miniatures companies did it like this they would be very fast out of bussines.

And funny enough the old viks who had the same issue got corrected cause wyrd found it not in a proper size or form either to leave it like that (and reimburse people who bought them with a new box). However this being TTB it suddenly becomes okay if they have to send out replacements, which they know they should for people that even made this possible to begin with.

My argument does hold up. It's a disagreement of opinion. Dismissing me because you have an alternate opinion is not a valid debate response.

If all miniatures companies did it like this they would be very fast out of bussines.

Privateer Press has scale issues every expansion -- they looked so dead with that 2 hour line at Gencon pouring money into their coffers and maxed out Tourneys every single day.

Wyrd replaced the Viks because they were ~33% larger than scale. This is ~7.5%.

I hate to break it to you guys (maybe you haven't Kickstarted much), but you're definitely not going to get your money back. Sell them to other people and wash your hands of it -- since they're not general release, you should be able to get a good amount for them.

At this point, any reply I can give just feels like trolling.

Tell everyone how awful Wyrd is (not that they don't deserve it; they've been awful the past few months) and just move along. There's nothing constructive here any more for any one.

Of course we have to just listen to you and not expect Wyrd to actually fix their mistakes 

Ugh...

So?

There's always a bigger problem, and it's a fallacy to try to deflect the matter.  Yes, people should retain a measure of perspective, and some have expressed displeasure in... less than productive manners over the last year, but just because it isn't an issue for you or me, or at least not one that warrants frustration and expressions of such, doesn't mean it's not important to some people.

We found out barely over half a day ago that the matter was not going to be resolved to the liking of some people for whom this is a matter.  'Don't take it so hard, chill out man, hashtag first world problems' isn't exactly productive.  Also, seriously?  "Butthurt"?

People use that unironically?

Let's calm it down, everyone.

Are the female MPM bigger than some people would like? Yes. It's unfortunate to release a product that people are unhappy with, and certainly the criticism is being heard. We want people to be happy with the products. However, not everyone will be happy about everything, and this is a case where that is true. I'm sorry that some feel that these models are unusable, but others do not feel similarly.

As I've said, the criticisms are being heard. You're welcome to keep posting about them (regardless of which side you take), and I'll keep reading the thread and making sure people's issues are known.

Let's calm it down, everyone.

Are the female MPM bigger than some people would like? Yes. It's unfortunate to release a product that people are unhappy with, and certainly the criticism is being heard. We want people to be happy with the products. However, not everyone will be happy about everything, and this is a case where that is true. I'm sorry that some feel that these models are unusable, but others do not feel similarly.

As I've said, the criticisms are being heard. You're welcome to keep posting about them (regardless of which side you take), and I'll keep reading the thread and making sure people's issues are known.

Are you saying that the scale isn't off? That the females were meant to be taller than the males? If so then just tell us that, if not then be honest and tell us that something got screwed up. 

hashtag first world problems' isn't exactly productive.

There's nothing constructive here any more for anyone.

Period.

Also, seriously?  "Butthurt"?

People use that unironically?

At this point, any reply I can give just feels like trolling.

:blast

my first world problems the scale of models is a big deal.

Fair enough. I just like perspective on occasion. I know everyone is passionate, but geez, people get murdered over dumber stuff than this.

Period.

:blast

Fair enough. I just like perspective on occasion. I know everyone is passionate, but geez, people get murdered over dumber stuff than this.

As I am not out there murdering people I do not see the relevance. Crime Rates are totally unrelated to this discussion.  

What good is it for the criticism to be heard if Wyrd is unwilling to resolve the issue?

What good is it for the criticism to be heard if Wyrd is unwilling to resolve the issue?

Because maybe if we say it long enough and loud enough they will change their minds about the issue. 

Venting, mainly. Lowers the blood pressure.

Not just venting 

Doc, if there's nothing productive to be said, why keep talking about it?

Wyrd is staffed with big boys and girls, and Aaron is clearly on the ball here.  Not trying to 'backseat moderate', just confused why you're bothering on an issue you not only aren't passionate about, but clearly feel is entirely beneath your notice.

As I said, I don't care either, but that doesn't mean I can't see why some people do.  That's what keeps me chattin' away.  That and pointedly ignoring my inbox for a few minutes.

As for what good it does, there's also the potential to influence future choices, which if we branch out the topic a little, hopefully this entire campaign has been an opportunity to do.  A good business needs to understand its past, present and future consumer bases, and while they may not make sweeping changes to policy or products based on this, between the Viks and the FMPM's, they're gathering data on how people respond to these issues, and their choices of remedy.

Even respecting that it's probably cost prohibitive to do a full scale replacement, that is something that has an associated risk/reward ratio and one worth pondering out.  They've made their call, I respect it, but they're also clearly willing to listen to those frustrations, and having open dialogue is, even if heated or outright argumentative, often more productive than just shutting people down and flipping them the bird (which, again, Aaron has been very clear to not do).

Frankly, I don't give a rat's furry behind about Wyrd's future choices. Their past choices have ensured that I have no wish to interact with them in any way once this travesty of a kickstarter campaign is truly over (i.e. when I have the things missing from my pledge reward).

As it stands, saying "your criticism is heard" and then turning around and doing nothing is just another slap in the face.

They are tall, but not stupidly tall, especially when you consider they are wearing heels. Without heels they would be the same height as the men.

Through%2Bthe%2BBreach%2BMinis%2B-%2BSca

Also the original Kickstarter was for 4 or 5 models from the sprue, what was finally supplied was a sprue that supplies 14 models 3 times what the backers originally pledged for. I would also argue they are perfectly usable as playing pieces for Through the Breach.

• Like 1

personally i don't mind the scale being off a little they are rpg markers not malifaux tabletop models. before i had these i just used other malifaux models or no models at all. plus with them having so many  more models is amazing..and at gencon selling one sprue for 35 dollars made me feel like i have so much more than i expected. personally i backed an rpg not the minis.

P.S: im not saying anyone who is upset is wrong to feel that i just want to make it known im happy with what i received. 

Also all this stuff about them being for TTB and so being fine

This is a quote from the front page of the KS

"Male and Female Multi-Pose Minis: These multi-part plastic kits include weapons, pose, and clothing detail options to allow you to customize your character's model for use inThrough the Breach or the Malifaux skirmish game."

So as you can see they are not meant just for the TTB RPG and thus way off and need to be fixed.

Okay ...

The complaint here is the Female Multi-pose miniature is too tall/out of scale compared with current batch of Malifaux miniatures, and the chaps at Wyrd are seemingly okay with them being a different size/scale as they were developed, primarily, for use with the RPG and as a nice stretch goal for the Kickstarter backers.

Assuming I've got the gist of the complaint correct I'm not entirely sure what grounds anyone has to feel particularly hard done by. By all accounts the miniatures are of a different size, some would say a noticeable amount. But these miniatures aren't representative of a particular character from the Malifaux universe are they? On what grounds does anyone claim they aren't to scale or too big?

Yes, they definitely appear to be taller than most other miniatures in the game, but all those miniatures have descriptions and/or artwork of the characters they represent and thus have a scale to be measured against. By their very nature the multi-pose miniatures aren't representing anyone in particular, and thus don't have a scale to be measured against. If someone wants to use them to proxy an, as yet, unreleased miniature or use the pieces to construct some jazzy conversions that's great but I don't see how it can be claimed that they 'Aren't fit for purpose' or 'need fixing'. If you're going to make claims of that nature you really need to specify what was claimed about the miniature that it currently doesn't do.

I'm not trying to come down on anyone's side in this and I have no wish to be drawn into an argument over what is clearly a important subject, as it seems that a good number of people feel hurt or let down by the product they've received. However, I'm not just not sure the complaints are valid given the criteria.

• Like 1