Scale of Multi part minis off?

ehren37

Well...by "some people are taller than others" you mean, all the women are at least as tall as the men, OR taller, and all the men are the same height? :D:P

Don't forget their weird legs. Sorry, the female either sprue wasn't fixed from the original scale error, or we got shipped the wrong ones. That or they decided to make a box of 13 7 foot amazons. 

To be honest I suspect the original scale issue was corrected, at least the issue they had found.  Because in one of the updates they said that because they fixed the issue they had found they had more room for more thus why there is more minis on said sprue.  So I am guessing the issue with the legs currently are an oversight or was from a different problem rather than the original scale problem the had.

3 cheers for Gen Con haste, and no heads up or communication for the people that kicked these models in the first place. Yay we have a defective/faulty product for our efforts/kickstarter and waiting.

That's almost if not a total head size difference in the scale.

To be honest I suspect the original scale issue was corrected, at least the issue they had found.  Because in one of the updates they said that because they fixed the issue they had found they had more room for more thus why there is more minis on said sprue.  So I am guessing the issue with the legs currently are an oversight or was from a different problem rather than the original scale problem the had.

Which is all fine and dandy, but then again if they checked these and any normal person can see this, they should've/would've known so either not shipping these models out at all or in a 2nd shipping or giving atleast an headsup.

maybe we will maybe we don't. They should if you ask me. But this will most likely be until like end of year. it should'nt have been shipped like this to begin with.

It's not really that hard from either Justin or whatever A-list person to post a reply. Sorry it happened we sended them out anyway and when and if there will be a correct scaled sprue the backers will get one.

Tada all done and a lot of bad blood circumvented. Now it's just looking like i am being made an idiot and a fool for trusting these people.

The fact is they should've done it before the fact and not after. Cause they knew not just suddenly found out. and still shipped it nontheless without saying anything. And the best part is WHY? I mean like i said one post or sentence and a lot of stuff is taken careoff. I don't mind waiting another 3-4 months on a sprue since we waited a year and a half anyway. I just don't understand why a 15 sec post is an issue for them to do before Gencon has little to do with it at this point. And even then 1 post supposed to be not a problem. Then just letting people find it out like they have now. It's stupid.

I have to agree with Raven here, it seems hard to believe that they didn't notice the difference in scale (especially as they are not offering them at gencon) so a post letting us know about it around the time they were shipping would have been the right thing to do i feel.

I hope they fix it (and with the models not beeing on sale i do think they are having them remade so i'll cross my fingers that wyrd will pull through and make sure we get the properly sized models).

Actually I imagine a post from Justin or top brass is actually more than a 15 minute deal on this sort of thing.  This is the sort of response where I imagine they want all their ducks in a row and a proper idea what they are going to do *even if it is that they are formulating what they want to do* hashed out before putting up any sort of post that could be portrayed as official response.  If it is not a proper response it is only going to forment more uprest to the issue by stirring the pot.  Not to mention as mentioned they are currently in Gencon time, which is much like being a store clerk during Black Friday I imagine.

Now personally, I am willing to wait and see.  I have had kickstarters with more trouble and companies that do worse in my opinion.  So I will give some benifit of the doubt.

The fact is they should've done it before the fact and not after. Cause they knew not just suddenly found out. and still shipped it nontheless without saying anything. And the best part is WHY? I mean like i said one post or sentence and a lot of stuff is taken careoff. I don't mind waiting another 3-4 months on a sprue since we waited a year and a half anyway. I just don't understand why a 15 sec post is an issue for them to do before Gencon has little to do with it at this point. And even then 1 post supposed to be not a problem. Then just letting people find it out like they have now. It's stupid.

So what proof do you have that they knew before they shipped out? Considering previous problems with scale (Viktoria's last year for example) it is quite probably that they weren't aware of the scale issue until someone posted about it - and with Gencon prep underway they haven't had time to discuss it internally. It is also quite possible that they received the MPM shipment and simply assumed that they were correct this time, added them to the boxes and started shipping - not an ideal situation but completely understandable considering the flak they've been getting already over delays. If you look at the sprues in isolation the scale issue isn't particularly noticeable, it is only when you compare assembled figures directly with M2E counterparts that it jumps out.

Not appearing in the Gencon store may have multiple reasons - maybe they noticed the comments about scale and pulled them so they can have a closer look when time permits, maybe they simply didn't receive excess female MPMs (or not enough to put up for sale). There are quite a few other options as well.

As EnternalVoid has said, we are likely to not see an update until they've had a chance to assess what has happened and make a decision on how they will approach it (although a comment saying that they are now aware of the issue and will advise of a decision in future would not go astray, I still wouldn't expect this until after Gencon)

I think the issue is completely obvious when you look at the sprue for just two seconds. Maybe not that they are out of scale (for which you need a comparison to notice), but that the proportions are way off.

They'd have to have sent them out without taking a glance at them, which does not seem wise. Otherwise they would have noticed. They are a miniatures company, for crying out loud, you'd expect them to have some expertise in this matter. Especially when the issue has already arisen before.

Perhaps they only compared them to the original out of scale sprues? they weren't sure if they were going to be able to send them out with the original wave, if they received them as they were packing the boxes to send out the door I think they may have missed it. With all the delays due to quality, what makes you think they would send them out if they knew? they had already said we might not get them, they could have just said "Sorry, we didn't get them on time, they'll come with hardcovers." 

Why don't you think so?

Last year, when GenCon Viks was shipped off-scale, everybody got a replacement...

Sending out dozens (or even a couple hundred) replacements is one thing. This would involve around a thousand boxes.

The only saving grace I can see here is that they still need to send the hardcovers out to half the backers anyway, so the replacement sprues could go with those, along with the missing decks/books that some people have reported.

By that standard, it might be comparable to the Viks issue, but if they can't afford/justify the larger boxes/extra costs, or it's going to take months to get the mold fixed, plastic punched and the pallets shipped over, it might just not be worth it.

With all the delays due to quality, what makes you think they would send them out if they knew?

I simply find it unfathomable that they did not notice. That's a level of incompetence I simply cannot understand. Again, they are a miniatures company. This supposedly is their area of expertise, and they have been doing it professionally for many years. Of all the shortcomings of the Kickstarter campaign I find this the most shocking.

I think it is quite easy not to notice - I've only seen photos and it wasn't until someone pointed out the odd proportions with the legs that I noticed it - and it was a few days after reports of receipt started coming in that anyone posted about it (there was one comment on the update announcing them, but nothing else). We have to remember that the first update about shipping was that everything was ready for the MPMs to be added to the boxes and shipped, so the MPMs probably arrived the day before they were going to ship without them and a quick check was done against the original errors rather than doing full QA on the sprues (not ideal, however not an unusual approach).

When you add in that all this is going on whilst Gencon prep is taking place I think it is quite possible that something would be missed. Additionally, the proportions of Wyrd's figures have always been a bit odd sometimes (e.g. Plastic Ronin, Original Metal Rasputina).

• Like 1

you al are talking about weird proportians on the legs. i don't really see the problem tough. my only problem with the multipart mini's are that you have no idee how and where some things have to go, and no instructions. longer legs? i don't really find that a problem since i don't noticed this at all when assembleing some models

@Ratsmitglied

Evidence?? The fact that they did'nt even enter the gencon store is plain enough that they knew it or were aware of it. And at that point should have communicated to us. Also as emperornorton pointed out they should check for this before sending it out, they are an professional bussines. Also when we got them and the word came out 4 days before Gencon. They still did'nt say anything.

Getting your ducks in a row for a reply is not even an discussion worth having really. If you recieve a broken or defect product it should be assumed you'll get a proper replacement. Again I don't mind the waiting time if that is needed. However the fact everybody is silent about it from the higher ups, is baffling to say the least. Considering how this kickstarter has been handled with the delays and now even a product that is basicly not correct.

Even though it's payed or funded if you will through kickstarter, should not diminish the quality of a product. If they made an error on it and should still be replaced at the least.

The fact that there was haste in the sending of it you problaby can blame on Gencon cause they originally wanted it to sell during that time aswell. (which they did and planned for aswell) To make sure that they barely hold out on their obligation, with a few days to spare they sended it out in its current state.

I don't own actually any of the metals anymore i sold them off and waited for plastics when i heard they were going for those. However I don't see the point in raising a scale difference or anatomy difference for that matter on a old metal model and a new art styled plastic who carries the anatomy and sizes better. And is basicly a whole being of itself since everything is going plastic. Not to mention the Ronin actually had trouble for being Amazons themselves.

@  Sephiroa

I don't see a problem while building them as well either untill i place them next to another model and she's a whole head bigger. I find that annoying and it simply doesn't look good on the table. You might find it not important but i do, and since the model should be 32mm herioc and not 38mm herioc it should be corrected.

you al are talking about weird proportians on the legs. i don't really see the problem tough. my only problem with the multipart mini's are that you have no idee how and where some things have to go, and no instructions. longer legs? i don't really find that a problem since i don't noticed this at all when assembleing some models

It took me a bit to figure out where and what most everything was too.  A couple of the hair parts I imagine I will not be 100% sure unless I cut them out and test them.  Same with some of the arms for holding the rifles and exotic weapons.

@Ratsmitglied

Evidence?? The fact that they did'nt even enter the gencon store is plain enough that they knew it or were aware of it. And at that point should have communicated to us. Also as emperornorton pointed out they should check for this before sending it out, they are an professional bussines. Also when we got them and the word came out 4 days before Gencon. They still did'nt say anything.

Getting your ducks in a row for a reply is not even an discussion worth having really. If you recieve a broken or defect product it should be assumed you'll get a proper replacement. Again I don't mind the waiting time if that is needed. However the fact everybody is silent about it from the higher ups, is baffling to say the least. Considering how this kickstarter has been handled with the delays and now even a product that is basicly not correct.

Even though it's payed or funded if you will through kickstarter, should not diminish the quality of a product. If they made an error on it and should still be replaced at the least.

The fact that there was haste in the sending of it you problaby can blame on Gencon cause they originally wanted it to sell during that time aswell. (which they did and planned for aswell) To make sure that they barely hold out on their obligation, with a few days to spare they sended it out in its current state.

I don't own actually any of the metals anymore i sold them off and waited for plastics when i heard they were going for those. However I don't see the point in raising a scale difference or anatomy difference for that matter on a old metal model and a new art styled plastic who carries the anatomy and sizes better. And is basicly a whole being of itself since everything is going plastic. Not to mention the Ronin actually had trouble for being Amazons themselves.

@  Sephiroa

I don't see a problem while building them as well either untill i place them next to another model and she's a whole head bigger. I find that annoying and it simply doesn't look good on the table. You might find it not important but i do, and since the model should be 32mm herioc and not 38mm herioc it should be corrected.

Yes, that is evidence that they were aware of the issue at the point in time that the Gencon store launched. This is not what you claimed, which is that they were aware of the issue before sending it out.

I think you're also forgetting how much impact Gencon has on a company the size of Wyrd - they basically shut down in the weeks leading up to Gencon most years, so when you add shipping 1500 packages on top of that then you are going to have a situation where it is expected that communication will be a bit limited.

My final point about Rasputina and the Ronin was that odd proportions are common in the range - so relevant when people are saying it was noticeable because of this. I had my wife look at the photo of the sprues (she's not a gamer), and even after looking at it knowing there was a problem she couldn't see it.

Also, the scale issues with the Ronin are completely relevant, as it took Wyrd a few weeks (months?) to acknowledge there was a problem, then it wasn't until February that it was resolved for early purchasers.

When they were shipped out and when the store went live are pretty close together.  Considering that there were self-admitted scale issues with the figures earlier, you'd think they'd have gone over these with a fine toothed comb, even under a ticking clock as they were.

The fact that the female sprue is not available indicates to me that at the very least it was worth noting.  Perhaps not a full fledged 2 page update or whatever, but a quick "hey guys, we know the female sprue is still a little off in scale, yelling at factory people will begin once we get back from Gencon" kind of message would at least clearly indicate they know of the issue.

Considering how big an issue the lack of transparency has been over the last year, even if it's entirely innocuous, it's hard to not think that perhaps nothing was said because they were hoping that most of the backers wouldn't notice, or wouldn't care.

Well, apparently that ship (at least on people noticing) has sailed.

In my ideal world, they'll toss us a heads up about the FMPM sprue, update us on the hardcovers, and address the "not actually sending 2 copies of the Through the Breach LE fate deck to those who were supposed to get them" issue.  Minor (in the grand scope of the world) as these may be, it's not like people are whining about the colour of the plastic or something stupid.  1 of those is a legit thing to be curious about (they said that they expected the HC's to be an extra few weeks, so surely they're at least on the boat by now), and the other 2 are worth addressing in general.

Or, at least that's my take on the matter.