Malifaux Novels

Speaking as one of the writers who has written for the Chronicles, everything from the previous books is still canon. Some of it is expanded, but there were a lot of efforts made to not retcon anything on the part of those of us doing the writing.

Far as novels, I've got no idea, lol.

Also, it's now a lot easier to get the fluff, since the old rulebooks are available in PDF format.

• Like 1

The Kaeris story in the new Crossroads book released next week is an origin story.

In the beginning there was a Henchman, and it was good.  Then came the lord of the robospiders unto her and he did say; "Taketh thee this rad jetpack that I hath made to make you look rad as hell."  This Henchman did as she was bade.

Then spake the robospider lord; "The Old Timey Yakuza has stepped MOST incorrect - thou art to regulate ASAP."

To which the Henchman did turn all her burniest thoughts.

Upon the firstborn daughter of Oldilocks, King of Dual Factions, did she fall and though she did not succeed in smiting - did really give it to a warehouse district.

Her burnination was such that even Ra, the fierce god of the Sun - whose unflinching gaze incinerates all life he beholds - and was all like; "Dang girl...dial it back some."

...and then Kaeris was a Master and had 3 AP.

• Like 3

@Justin

That's nice to hear but well you have a very rich envirement with all those characters which i have to say none of them are boring or uninteresting which would make rich ground to actually to do just that as novels. Saying you'll have a origin story of kaeris which might cover let's say 7-10 pages is nice but in a once in year release book. I don't think your using the oppertunities what your characters have to offer, but that's me. And actually if you ever wanna go make novels then your actually hurting future prospects more when you go full book or let's say 100 page novels.

• 2 years later...

Whilst I like the idea of novels very much I can appreciate that with the wide spread of games either in development or production the addition of another iron in the fire that would need constant attention might be burdensome....I really look forward to and generally enjoy greatly the stories in Chronicles plus the vignettes and new character backgrounds presented in each new book and the gaps in between  that would perhaps be filled by a novel instead fires my imagination...less is more ;)

• Like 1

I personally think that the old fluff stories done in a comic book format would be awesome. I love reading the fluff and having some great action art to go with it would be awesome in my opinion. Or it could be done the way Paizo and Wizards of the Coast have comics of their respective role playing games. They have a set of characters, the adventuring party, and they release in a six issue series. It is great. Each six issues is like it's own adventure. And the comics usually have some form of role playing material in each issue. So Wyrd could have a TTB one shot included within each issue. It would also allow them to create some iconic characters for the rpg to be the subject of the comics.

• 1 month later...

I wonder whether this is more likely to happen if an established "author" contacted Wyrd to ask for the rights to write a novel rather than expect a small, over-worked miniature game company to do it.

It would need to be handled carefully and would need to work very closely with Wyrd, but the 40K fiction worked well, so it's a possibility.