Cy-Fi paints

Cy Dudley

I think the paintjob looks really great. I wouldn't have even guessed it had been a year off the brush.

Only critique I would give is on the OSL, which I am not the largest fan of in general. Maybe tone it down a little bit (how bright is that magic, 500 watts?), try and make it look a little more realistic. Otherwise everything looks pretty good, smooth paint, good details. I look foward to seeing more as you keep working

It is a very nice paintjob, I like the way dark colors contrast with light coming out of the box. I think you might try to highlight the green on OSL a little, adding a touch of very light green or even a tiny amount of pure white to the edges of the "flames"

Light form the box could be more bright because the OSL on the clothing can't be as bright as the lightsource itself.

Maybe some white and yellow mixed with the green you used for this highlights.

The OSL on the face looks very good. Clean job!

Thanks for the feed back :) I definitely agree with the light source needing a bit of a highlight. Also think I need a bit more light in my pictures but all the other bulbs in the house were coursing a strobe on the iPad Camorra

Next up Candy ( her face is in a bit of a bad shadow from the light angel )

255b832fb6a3965ceee8232916f1636e_zpsbc0d

0a31b6eafbf87170ee528b087a1dcb26_zps65fc

And Kade

799e140fea915128801d8b765feeb833_zps257f

e974af25434dbf74e9d2face4497a4ae_zpsd140

• Like 1

Thanks all for the compliments :) I have bean chalanged by a friend to make a scenic bace for pandora to include a wall behind her for her shadow to fall on wonder what hers will look like ?....

Next up is the poltergeist, the "swell of magic" at his bottom half and the bits that emigre from his back and arms have bean gloss varnished to add a bit of light to them. Also the flesh has specs of blue and red under it to add a bit of a rott look (bit hard to pick out in the pics)

1b620932f4f35b0ca6efa4086730fbed_zps21d7

• Like 1

Ok so hears my teddy

I scratch built him from super sculpy which I had left over from a prop I was making ( manly cos I was skint ) I am quite pleased with it on the hole. The whiskers are toothbrush brisels and a bit of Cotten wool for the stuffing he is loosing. I tried to make the zip on his back have a spinal cord look .

Would really like to get feed back on this one as it's a first for me. I really enjoyed it and am planing to do more scratch building

781ff7389b76c3e7ed715327a346a5d3_zps81f3

4c2e27aef214ac12144ab6d9d6a26f5f_zps3b46

3041bf1ebf358e5375b9513ce260213f_zps1a63

6dc9c0414e1baff660fcad1c5bab601b_zps0a57

978954ba167bde6d5969b9c72bc0a457_zpsf756

574b7c87c70c66563f915fbd5ee7085c_zpsc07f

• Like 1

I looks... quite disturbing :) I really like the sculpt - it has this nice old-loved-teddy that a child might have grown up with yest the paintjob and some nasty little details give him a decidedly evil, haunting look. I like it a lot!

Barbarous is still a WIP but I wanted to share this pic as I have bean playing with the iPad Camorra and a better light sorce and a bit of paper to defuse, what do you think? Any tips anyone can give me for geting the best pic I can would be gratefully reserved.

8bd21814c24afcf6fd01dffd7c78d450_zps8299

The pic is very good. I like him a lot, he has a nice, gritty look to him. I'd only suggest working a little more on the gore effect. While the random placement of bloody spots looks great, I think you could improve it slightly by adding a bit of dark red/brown ink or GW's Blood for the Blood God paint. Just apply it gently with the tip of your fine brush to add a little extra depth. Inks and that GW's paint also add a glossy look, which is nice for blood effect. 

• 4 weeks later...