Kadeton's tour of North America

Kadeton

Can you get to Dragon's Den, in Poughkeepsie, NY, on September 4th? There's a crowd of people who would fight over playing someone who is not from around here. :)

~Lil Kalki

It might be a bit too much of a challenge, to be honest - it looks like the trains make it roughly a five-hour round trip, which is a tad more than I'm comfortable with. Sorry!

• Like 1

Ditto on the above! I'll make the drive on Sunday or Monday to meet up for a match.

I promise not to spend the whole game hiding behind a house, either! ;)

Haha, promises promises!

If you end up on the Boston area I would make the drive. Please let us know.

I'll definitely be in Boston soon - hope to see you there!
  • Like 1

There is a Malifaux hardcore event on the 13th in the bay area CA, which I think fits your schedule, if you're not done with Malifaux yet on this trip. I will likely be there: https://www.facebook.com/events/1466332166973021/

It does, rather... I'm a long way from being done with Malifaux yet. ;)

Update in the mean time: I'll be at the Compleat Strategist in NYC this evening, and on a bus to Boston tomorrow.

• Like 3

Hey Chris,

This is not Matt S, or Maht, but THAT Matt.  Wanted to say you were right proper gentleman, a good sport, and a really amazing doubles partner.   I knew you wanted to play something other than Levi during each of those matchups but Levi's death movement is still awesome even with the 6SS restriction.

Plus I think I found you another Perth player when you get back! 

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

• Like 1

Welcome to Beantown...  excuse the heat, its supposed to break soon!

Nearest places in Boston I am aware of:  Pandemonium Books and Games in Cambridge has table top gaming, not as much regular Malifaux.

The healthiest places for Malifaux are:  DorkaMorka's private hall on Thursday nights.  We feature about 3-4 games a week with spikes and lulls.  That's my home base.  We are just in Watertown.  The only issue is that we play Thursday nights because we rent the private hall.  If you are in Boston till then you *have* to come by, its the best place to play Malifaux in New England!

Farther out you have Toy Soldier up in Amesbury, they have a healthy group and lots of stock on the shelves.  Necroon and Fancyhat play out of there

You also have TableTopGames in Fall River, which is down by the RI border.  MJundgledog's home base.

Moving right along out in Western MA, South Hadley to be exact, is InquisitorWall and WinningJonah (not his forum name) that play out of some store I have a mental block on.

The other busy groups are New Hampshire based.  We have Game Castle which is about 40 minutes from Boston... they play mostly on Friday nights...  SilasCordell is the Henchman up there.  A little farther north is Myriad games in Manchester, or in Salem, NH.  Both feature places to play and regular Malifaux players.

This all said, my suggest is this.  Tell us when you can play and we will make it happen.  We (the New England players) are all linked via an email chain and often feature pick up games whenever.  If you are locked into the city we can also adjust as needed.  Feel free to PM me and I can either start a chain or I can get your phone number or whatever.  The nice thing about Malifaux is that we play on kitchen tables and have some drinks and relax....

As for things to do in Boston.  Check out the Charlestown Navy Yard if you like military boats.   For some reason I think the USS Constitution, the oldest commssioned ship in the Navy (from the Revolutionary War) is doced there but I think its not open to the public currently.

Take a Duck Tour.  They are in WWII landing craft vehicles that feature a guided tour of Boston and take you into the Charles River for a stretch.  I can't suggest this enough.  As a resident I love it.

Free stuff includes the Public Gardens, Quincy Market and the Rose Kennedy Parkway, countless water features and new construction from "The Big Dig" are all there.  Walk down to the Waterfront near the Aquarium (and check out the Aquarium, too) its all connected... 

If you like night life, make sure to stop in at The Bell in Hand, the oldest functioning pub in Boston (maybe the US?), neat location and nice place to drink a few beers. 

If you are a sports guy then you have to see Fenway Park.  The Sox are in town right now and catching a game is always fun.  Tickets are probably available because of how bad they are this year.  The Patriots play tomorrow so any pub would be a good time during the game (1:00) Watching sporting events is something I enjoy doing.

I could go on... .but not sure what you are looking for and don't want to just ramble....  Let me know when and where you are around, I am free the next few days and would love to be hospitable to our overseas Malifaux-ers!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Whew! That was a hell of a trip. (Some parts more hellish than others - the Seattle-LA-Brisbane-Perth set of flights clocked in at 26 hours. I'm almost recovered.)

Many, many heartfelt thanks to all the amazing people I met and played games with. You all helped to make my time in the US a wonderful, interesting and hilarious experience. Extra-special thanks to Ian, Matt and Mark - you guys are awesome.

In the course of my trip I got to go to GenCon, NOVA Open, Rose City Comic Con, Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge, and Geek Girl Con. I played a ton of games against a lot of cool people.

I'll say this for America - you guys are generous with your prize support. I've come home with the Body of Evidence, Latigo Posse, Masters of the Path and The Swamp Hag crew boxes as well as Punk Zombies, Cojo, Arachnid Swarm, December Acolytes, Santana Ortega and Governor's Proxy boxes, TWO Nightmare Whiskey Golems, two Misses Ery, a metal Desperate Mercenary and Kickstarter Hannah. On top of that, I have NINE new Fate decks in various flavours. I think I've done my part to spread the shock and awe of Leveticus throughout the States.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you again soon! (Come to Australia, it's Not As Dangerous As You Expect!™)

• Like 3