Kadeton's tour of North America

Kadeton

Hey all! I'm heading to the US for two months REAL SOON, and I'd love to meet people from the Malifaux community, hang out, play games, and so on.

Here's what I've got booked in my schedule so far:

• August 11 - 18: Indianapolis
    • August 14 - 17: Gencon!
  • August 19 - 24: Chicago, IL
  • August 25 - September 1: Arlington, VA
    • August 26: Huzzah Hobbies, Ashburn VA
    • August 27: Dream Wizards, Rockville MD
    • August 28 - 31: NOVA Open!
  • September 2 - 4: New York, NY
  • September 5 - 10: Boston, MA
  • September 11 - 17: San Francisco, CA
  • September 18 - 28: Portland, OR
    • September 26 - 28: Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge!
  • September 29 - October 5: Vancouver
  • October 6 - 13: Seattle, WA

If you're going to be in any of those places at those times, and would like to meet up, let me know!

I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can. :)

• Like 1

Have you talked to any of the Guessing Zero folk in Virginia? If not, e-mail me and I'll put you in touch. I'll PM you my top secret e-mail address.

Will do, cheers. :)

If you want to visit New England and the Boston, MA and New Hampshire areas it is worth the trip. We may even run an event you're welcome to play in.

Sounds good! When is your event likely to be held?

What part of Seattle? Ballard has a great game store/cafe if you want to get a game in or just hang out with Seattle's local hipster stock.

I haven't narrowed it down that much as yet. Cheers for the tip - I'll keep it in mind. :)

If you find yourself in the Deep South I'm at Ole Miss, headquarters of the Oxford Method, and Hannah's old stomping ground. ;) I'm not sure how much time I'll have with a new baby on the way in the next few weeks and 3 shows to design, but if you find yourself near Memphis, which is 1 1/2 hours north of me look me up. ;)

Will do! After all the Resser conversations (and arguments) we've had, it would be cool to meet you in person. With you in Memphis and Lucidicide in Atlanta, heading south is starting to sound like a good prospect.

Best of luck with the new baby!

Sounds good! When is your event likely to be held?

I was hoping to do something in mid-Sept, but it looks like FancyHat (Tyler) is running an event on Sept. 21 in Amesbury, MA at Toy Soldier. Maybe I'll try and attend that. If you make it up to the Boston area thats a short drive from Boston (do some sight-seeing) and then stick around for some Malifaux on Sunday. Also we play Malifaux on Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays around here.

Tuesday @ Myriad Games, Manchester, NH

Thursdays @ Watertown, MA Eagles Hall (Drool bucket is best to contact for that)

Friday @ Game Castle, Londonderry, NH

New England is sounding like a good plan - probably easiest for me to head up there after NOVA (and a few days in New York).

I'm currently trying to decide what to do with the week between Gencon and NOVA. I think I've heard there's a good Malifaux scene in Chicago, which would be an easy trip - anyone up that way want to weigh in?

• 3 weeks later...

Only a few hours away from boarding the first of many planes to take me to Indianapolis - very excited, and totally stressed out making sure I haven't forgotten anything vital, like Malifaux stat cards.

I'll update the first post as plans become more concrete... hope to see loads of you really soon. :)

Only a few hours away from boarding the first of many planes to take me to Indianapolis - very excited, and totally stressed out making sure I haven't forgotten anything vital, like Malifaux stat cards.

I'll update the first post as plans become more concrete... hope to see loads of you really soon. :)

Safe travels.....see you at Gencon.... Twitter @WyrdPubCrawl or #WyrdPubCrawl for meet-ups :)

• Like 1

Ah, planning... haven't really got that far yet. I hope to plan some things during downtime in DC, but if you've got any recommendations that would be great.

I doubt I'll hire a car though, it's too much hassle and I'd likely end up driving on the wrong side of the road. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Can you get to Dragon's Den, in Poughkeepsie, NY, on September 4th? There's a crowd of people who would fight over playing someone who is not from around here. :)

~Lil Kalki

EDIT: To get to Poughkeepsie requires a train ride from Grand Central Station, if I'm not mistaken, and from there you'd need to get to Poughkeepsie Plaza - I'd suggest getting there before 6PM?