New Art on Twitter

Dirial

Okay, first of all, I'm quite overwhelmed and won't comment on every single piece of artwork, just a few things that got me interested personally.
1: Supposed Rat King. Wow, I didn't expect that, honestly. I thought of two possible variants when I tried to imagine how the Rat King might look like. Maybe a bigger, scarier rat on top of several Malifaux Rats, perhaps with some sort of commanding gesture. Or several rats tied together by their tails as the historical 'rat kings' would suggest. But you suprised me, Wyrd, and this time in a really nice way. If I may indulge in some internetz speak: Awesome Rat King is awesome!!11! :)
2: Supposed Oxfordian Mages. Well. They look kind of cool, I suppose, though I thought of something more Victorian and academic. Top hats and canes maybe. Now they remind me of characters from anime shows like Naruto, if I got that name right. I will get them for my Colette Crew (Classic Metal Colette, that is), and maybe slap hats on them.
3: Tengus, Stolen, Hunter, Philip, Kaeris (standing). Really, really nice! Tnak you for those. Honestly, apart from Colette, there is not a single real disappointment. :)

Does anyone else have the feeling that there is a lot more brown and grey going on in the artwork? I feel like it might be hard to really differentiate human crews form one another if everyone painted their models according to the artwork. Only the Asian or Neverborn models really stand out while all the 'white' 'Caucasian' sculpts seem rather interchangable between factions. This might be part of a more realistic approach, but I feel that some form of colour/clothing identity of the factions got lost or at least blurred.

Well I think guild is pretty much diferentiated from other factions and all of the minions in Guild are more uniform looking.
Even the Latigo people mostly look like they fit into the Guild (Papa Loco, Abuela and Francisco are a bit different though).

Ressers look scary and are sometimes also dirty.

Most of the Arcanists look like they have a job of some sort (except for Marcus, Colette and the Oxfordian mages who look like they work in Hogwarts), or they look as if they're going to beat you up because you've walked into a wrong neighbourhood.

Neverborn are still monsters, except for the most of the masters and a few excentrics and those look flashy.

Outcasts have a rebellious or dishelved look, or can't pay money for decent clothes (Ronin for some reason).
Freikorps look the most professional of the Outcasts and are uniform, but in a different way than the Guild.

Ten Thunders are really colorful (even the ninjas) and exotic looking. Graves and Tannen look like criminals.

Gremlins, are well Gremlins.

New gunsmiths and Sue look very similar in my opinion.
Well, maybe because they are the only real cowboys left... I'm glad I have metal ronin and metal pistoleros, because I love me some cowboys.

Katanaka snipers  are the only letdown in my opinion, because they look like they've ran away from Warhammer 40K.
But it's ok, Malifaux is ok with renegades. :P

Yeah, the new gunsmiths and Oxfordian mages make me really, really, want them to come out soon - I don't even know what masters they go best with, but if they're in any of the crew boxes I'll be buying them at release.

The rat king, like Maogrim mentioned, is one of the best surprises and has the reek of "Shut up and take my money!"

• Like 1