New Art on Twitter

Dirial

I'll take a top-knot or ponytail any day over a douchescarf (what some would call a "neckbeard")

So I can pick between cholera and ebola? Can't I have a cookie instead?  Or will I also have to get the trots in the shape of a trillby (what some mistakenly call a "fedora" because they're uncultured animals)? Also, I did not notice the neckbeard on the poor demongimp until you pointed it out. Thanks a lot! :(

I know it's hard to get male hair look "good" and not just another short hair cut in a miniature, but the topknot only emphasizes the teenage pop-metal fan look. This Lelu's so hardcore he growls out Colgate commercials when squeezing out his pimples in the morning.

Thanks, Mako!

Okay, not what I was expecting. Her attire will serve her better smuggling through the sewers, though. The artwork is really good, and I think I like it.

Too bad our Arcanist is a great fan of killy models, so it may take some time until I see her on the table. :(

That's nice, whose daughter it is? I mean, it's clearly a teenager sporting Hot Topic apparel, not Colette DuBois, mage, weaver of illusion and smuggler extraordinarie.

Seriously. How do you go from burlesque show style to teen goth? What sort of decisive process took place? And did it involve a lot of vodka to cloud the pain of what they were doing to the poor character?

Perhaps I should have mentioned that it was Colette when I posted the link. 

Because we can't see her legs we can only guess what the bottom of the dress looks like. It could be one of those dresses with a train that drags along the floor. I’m just guessing.

In another thread people didn’t like the goggles and were talking about swapping her head for the old metal one, but were worried that it will not fit because of changed aesthetics of wyrd’s plastic miniatures. I think that’s a bit extreme just giving her a top hat would’ve solve the problem.

Actually, on the twitter there's the full page shot, and you can see the dress, while it does drag lower on the backside, is still fairly short. And most definetely modern goth style. I know I'm not the greatest fan of the v2 art direction, but it's the first time I feel actually disappointed.

• Like 2

Actually, on the twitter there's the full page shot, and you can see the dress, while it does drag lower on the backside, is still fairly short. And most definetely modern goth style. I know I'm not the greatest fan of the v2 art direction, but it's the first time I feel actually disappointed.

I've liked most of the art (especially Levy), but I'm with you on disappointment for this one. I've been waiting for Colette, but after seeing her artwork, I'll stick to the pewter box. :(

Overall, I like the drawing, but I agree that I feel it is missing "something."  If I was not told it was Colette, I might think it was just a Performer.

I mulled it over last night and I figured what is missing: her smirk.

In Colette's original design, she is an attractive woman (as this drawing is), but she had this sly little smirk that said "I know so many things that you don't know, and that is going to cost you dearly."  It was just a little feature, but it gave her "stage presence" and the sense of authority one expects from a Master.   In the current design, she just has a sweet, delicate smile.

As the drawing stands, I feel she is missing that aura that denotes the authority of a Master. 

I quite like the art work, it certainly ties more in with the Cassandra walking away from the burning building style. Yes, its not Burlesque, and its not hugly different from the old performers.

I saw people complainign it wasn't arcane enough, but its more arcane than her old sculpt.  

I certainly prefer it to Hot pants colette that we had in avatar form, although its prehaps not as nice as teh kneeling colette pose.

It's a really disappointing Colette model, she's not dressed up enough to be a showgirl or dressed down enough to be smuggling. The old model is far better really. I mean why's she wearing goggles?

There's no way that is the sculpt of a master who pulls mechanical doves from a hat, she doesn't even have a hat. 

• Like 1

Remember guys, not all the models end up looking like the art.

Do we have a M2E or even plastic example of this? Thus far, every plastic model I can think of has been a dead ringer for the artwork (or as close as possible).

Additionally - boo to new Colette.  If you can't make her look like Zatanna Zatara without conversion, then you've failed at making a Colette model.

• Like 1