July FAQ/errata

Justin

Question

Thanks Justin, even though I'm a Jakob player and a Resser, I fully agree with both of the errata applied. Woke up with a Hand was stupid good and Decaying Aura I can see, and doesn't really affect me that much since the one doing the punching is usually the one that has the upgrade, so not like it makes it bad now. The rest of the errata can't really understand it yet without taking some time to compare PDFs

Since now you are considering errata more strongly, I've felt lately that McMourning's Expunge with the Abra Cadaver trigger is a bit over the top, massive damage + summoned model at full health that happens to have 13 Wd and no need for any suit to get the summon is starting to seem like too much. Don't know if anybody else has raised this flag.

Anywho, thanks again for your work and cheers.

• Like 2

Thanks.

Not much new but some significant noteworthy changes.

Final debt only once per turn was a big one that stood out to me. This one is very welcome. Decaying aura never seemed that good to me anyway, and the change seems to be a good one of compromise, and I assume more in line with the original intent.

Thank you also for cleaning up the Malifaux Child so it can't be used as an additional summon battery for summoning masters.

Since now you are considering errata more strongly, I've felt lately that McMourning's Expunge with the Abra Cadaver trigger is a bit over the top, massive damage + summoned model at full health that happens to have 13 Wd and no need for any suit to get the summon is starting to seem like too much. Don't know if anybody else has raised this flag.

This. 

While I understand things can become a slippery slope in the concept of as each "top" upgrade/ability/attack gets a power downgrade, I do feel that there are still a slight few Wave 1 "really's?" floating around, and that happens to be one of them. (Woke up with a Hand was another)

On to the actual document, most stuff is how we had house ruled it (Dumb Luck for instance) or interpreted a rule....  which is always nice.

I do particularly like the specific ruling that includes a "universal concept" mention.  Just clears up multiple things in one easy read without having to hunt.  That said, you can run into the reverse where some players aren't aware of these universal rulings and continue to muck things up.  But I would still support the current method, as most TOs/Henchmen/thatrulesguy are OCD enough to be aware of them.

Thanks! 

Well, hearing that Mech Rider got a Cuddle, I was all suited up to be "OMG cuddled to oblivion, they ruined my model, OMGWTFBBQARGLEBARGLE!!!"

But I read the errata, and I'm mostly okay with the change.

Also, Typo alert: the decaying aura says "The portion os the ability" pretty swure you meant of... :P

EDIT: Well Crap. Malifaux child can't summon spiders any more. I'll have to update that on pull my finger...I'll have to play it, but it feels like it might be underpowered now.

EDIT: Well Crap. Malifaux child can't summon spiders any more. I'll have to update that on pull my finger...I'll have to play it, but it feels like it might be underpowered now.

Really? Tara still loves the damn thing and that it can't let Ramos spam the table with spiders doesn't mean it's underpowered, it just means Ramos has no real interest in it.

Really? Tara still loves the damn thing and that it can't let Ramos spam the table with spiders doesn't mean it's underpowered, it just means Ramos has no real interest in it.

Tara can take it without a merc tax. I'm actually considering it from the perspective of both Sonnia and Ramos. The issue is really that it doesn't do anything that most masters can't already do better with more durable models and no merc tax any more.

Honestly, I don't even really know if spider spam is the best use in a Ramos list, just the first thing that comes to mind. But then I've gone on record saying I never thought it was overpowered, just over-represented due to being easy to see the use of.

Well, the lower costed the model, the harder it is to justify because the merc tax is a lot more noticeable, but if you require a spell active outside of your masters activation or want to spam it more, he is still worth considering. I mean, with Nicodem it lets you put up Necrotic Crowning without having to make Nicodem go early (hard to cast I know, but still nice) and in the meantime can give fast to your models.

Yeah, I need to check the spells I actually used him for to really decide on what I feel, just gut reaction at the moment(As I considered him a good choice, but not a mandatory one, with the cuddle, Chances are it goes down.) *goes to look up the text of Combat Mechanic and field generator*...

Well now that the Erratas started coming on Wave 1 models I am hoping for Ophelia to make an appearance on that list with it's ridiculous Thinking Luck super damage and no real backfire on that ability.

Downside being that her damage spread is pretty much her entire identity in mk2.

Downside being that her damage spread is pretty much her entire identity.

I see your point but my thinking is she can be quite survivable with all the healing the Gremlins have access to and Squeel being just a tad bit too good against Melee oriented crews which hate being shot at, what they hate more is a model that utterly destroys everything while it shoots and negates cover while doing so and being incredibly hard to pin down in ml due to it's defensive trigger. Also the damage track being the same that Seamus gets to do once a turn with sh6 and no plus flips, but that's a bit shaky ground to start comparing I know :P

I think it's important to just point out that even though there was some wave 1 errata, all in all it was very minor, and to some extent all things that have cropped up in major tournaments that can be read about. While some models in wave 1 did receive errata, and some might in the future, I think it is REALLY important to remember that this most likely will not be common, nor should it be taken as an invitation to start wildly suggesting errata to all the models we have personal issues with. I doubt very highly that the Wendigo is going to get an errata to take his Ca down because that ability isn't causing undo levels of winning, nor is it distorting the game.

That isn't to say we shouldn't discuss possible errata needs of models, only to just not expect errata to start becoming common, and for it to only be effecting models at the extreme end of the power scale, and even them rarely. While I had large problems with Jakob's woke up with a hand, to be honest I'm surprised they errata'd it. It's that level of power that are most likely going to receive errata in future, much like the Decaying aura ability. 

Just reiterating that while I very much appreciate there is more of an effort this time around, at least in my perception, to keep an eye on models and not let them get out of hand, it doesn't mean the gates are open and that the game is essentially a non-stop open Beta.

YMMV.

• Like 5

While I had large problems with Jakob's woke up with a hand, to be honest I'm surprised they errata'd it.

I was actually really surprised they errata'd this. Being on one of the most easily killed masters and usually the defense for them is that "they need that offense" now he's easily killed and he has no high level offense either :)

I was actually really surprised they errata'd this. Being on one of the most easily killed masters and usually the defense for them is that "they need that offense" now he's easily killed and he has no high level offense either :)

?

Even without woke up with a hand he can basically shoot Seamus' gun 3 times a turn for the cost of a Ram. True it's 2" less range, but he can also use it in melee. I really don't call a Sh 6 damage 4/5/6 model "no offense", and that's before considering getting the hungering darkness for free. True he needs a ram to do it, but that's close to Opehila level dmg for the cost of a ram. 

Just reiterating that while I very much appreciate there is more of an effort this time around, at least in my perception, to keep an eye on models and not let them get out of hand, it doesn't mean the gates are open and that the game is essentially a non-stop open Beta.

Funny bit is that the beta being finite makes further erratum kind of inevitable.

?

Even without woke up with a hand he can basically shoot Seamus' gun 3 times a turn for the cost of a Ram. True it's 2" less range, but he can also use it in melee. I really don't call a Sh 6 damage 4/5/6 model "no offense", and that's before considering getting the hungering darkness for free. True he needs a ram to do it, but that's close to Opehila level dmg for the cost of a ram. 

Good point, but he needs to get closer, usually with not a way out of there and he lacks majorly in defense compared :D I don't know, I am too tired probably to be talking about this right and end up just writing up utter bs :D