Whoah!! Easy tiger! I'm sorry if my comments insulted you but I assure you that was not the intention and nothing written was to be taken so personally... While we are on the subject of first posts you might consider that the final line was something along the lines of "nice write up dude!" or words to that effect... And if I was trying to be personal I would have said something along the lines of "what a cack article full of untruths"... I kinda liked the article and said so... Nothing personal intended...

As for "missing the stitched" thing, although a reference to future contributions was made... It is however difficult to make allowances for this when it is as yet non existent...

Just because you say you're going to do it... Does not mean I'm going to be patient about it :) or take it into consideration when putting forward an opinion that you say is the same as yours :)

In summary sorry for upsetting you

Peace out

• Like 1

After reading a lot of the other threads here about The Dreamer, I feel like my personal dislike of LCB style Dreamer is unfounded and unfair. I removed the lines insinuating that, and will expand the section tomorrow/tonight. 

I admire this, not simply for removing the lines; but for the integrity to examine your own views with a willingness to admit that you were mistaken on this matter.  I feel that is a rare quality....bravo.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

As a primarily dreamer player in really glad you're doing this again. A couple of neat tricks for the twins: Attack lilitu with vampiric bite to heal lelu with no loss of wounds to his sister. A bit situational but playtime on the twins allows for serious card draw. Not sure id recommend wicked dolls but I you do have one their 0 action synergizes very well with the twins. Look forward to your lcb entry.

Well dont good job so far that's the reason I follow this post always gives different prospective as I some times get stuck in the boring crew that kills everything. On a side note I some times prefer to focus with lilitu and then lelu has positive on attack and damage. In turf war it is also nice to defensive stance with lilitu. 

Well dont good job so far that's the reason I follow this post always gives different prospective as I some times get stuck in the boring crew that kills everything. On a side note I some times prefer to focus with lilitu and then lelu has positive on attack and damage. In turf war it is also nice to defensive stance with lilitu. 

Why not just use Lilitu's Whisper's In Blood condition, Stitched? It gives  :+fate to all duels (attack and defense) until end of turn. True, you don't gain the  :+fate to damage like focus, but it saves you having to discard for defense flips.

I would disagree with your comparison between Dreams of Pain and Restless Dreams a little.

I see the cost of dreams of pain as a minimum of 7, rather than 5.  The reason for this is that you really, really want to be making 2 significant summons with the dreamer in turn 1, not summoning daydreams with him.

To help that, you need to spend the 2ss on an initial daydream to give you the masks you need to ensure you can get those summons regardless of the suits of the high cards in your hand.

Not doing this is leaving too much to chance IMO.

also, you really, really want to take otherworldy in a dreamer summoning crew so that you can activate a newly summoned nightmare immediately and have it lift its wounds out of the danger zone (especially for stitched togethers) - so the practical cost really goes up to 9ss and an upgrade slot.

compare this now with restless dreams - the additional practical costs here are 2ss and 1 upgrade slot as you really want Tantrum in there to give dreamer another AP and another method of shooting attack that does not have a gun symbol in it.  so 3ss and an upgrade total.

you don't need to start with any daydreams in this version, as you will be summoning some in.

6ss is a huge swing, and really does make this a real choice IMO.

• Like 3

I find my summoning engine costs 12 ss as I like to run wings of darkness and otherworldly and hire two daydreams. This compares to usually 4-5ss on shooty dreamer (restless dreams and tantrum; usually take one of aether connection WoD or Otherworldly depending on strats/schemes). So difference of 7ss. As Joel says that is pretty big. 

I think both upgrades are great in certain situations but require vastly different builds

• Like 1

I would disagree with your comparison between Dreams of Pain and Restless Dreams a little.

-snipped-

6ss is a huge swing, and really does make this a real choice IMO.

I agree entirely, actually. Rereading it, it was less than fair on the limited upgrade. I'm actually very thankful for your way of putting it, as it let me explain it quite a bit better.

As well, I added in the Lord Chompy Bits section, cleaned up the comparison between the two limited upgrades and took a spot-cleaning brush to wipe as much of that bias-gunk out of the text where I could find it.

As always, feedback is both welcomed and appreciated. <3 Thank you to Joel and Insidiouslymad for their posts, in particular!

Edit: In addition, I also added more to the section on Lelu and Lilitu, with suggestions and, ahem, reminders on some useful tactics.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the awesome write-up so far.

I fell in love with the idea of the Dreamer several months ago and painfull awaited his crew box finally being available. It's ordered now and I can't wait to try him out. Therefor, I'm awefully glad to find such amazing primers like yours ...

Would love to read the rest, too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a shame that there hasn't been any new updates for about 5 months as the information has been of great use to me as I have the models, but have never used them and this has really inspired me to make the Dreamer my next Master.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No more putting things off. My sister and I just got moved in, signed back up for college, started a Tumblr... everything is nice and in line to continue this. I'm really sorry if I've been away for too long. :c I updated Coppelius and will be finishing the rest as soon as I possibly can. I have quite a bit more free time now, especially after having been down at Gen Con myself, so expect me to be far more active than I have been!

• Like 7