Tangle of Shadows clarification

Somnicide

Question

Okay quick Tangle Shadows question about Lilith as it seems a bit wonky with all the "this model”s and target models. The card reads:
“…Rg12: Select a friendly model within 6” of this model and place it into base contact with the target model. If the friendly model can be placed, then place the target model in base contact with this model.”

So, that to me looks like (let’s just assume all models are in range and any base to base I choose). L=Lilith, F=Friendly, T=Target (which can apparently be friendly or enemy).

Starting game state:
…..T…
………
…F…
……..
…….L

First step after successful duel:
…..F….
…..T…
………
………
………
……..L

Second step after successful duel:
…..F….
………
………
………
………
……..TL

Which would then trigger thirsty mandrake if I had that upgrade.

And now, let’s say I wanted to use that on Lilith herself, as she is a friendly model within 6”

Starting game state:
…..T…
………
….…
……..
…….L

First step after successful duel:
…..….
…..LT…
………
………
………
………

Second step after successful duel:
…..….
…..L…
……T…
………
………
………

Which would then trigger thirsty mandrake if I had that upgrade.

Is this correct?

10 answers to this question

It is very good for setting up traps.

Imagine this for example. You have a lone terror tot 12" away out of line of site acting as bait.

The opponent takes the bait moving something to kill the tot.

Lilith activates and uses tangle shadows on the tot (remember not needing line of site). The tot relents so you only need a 9 mask for it to work (or if you want to use a stone then just any 9 or more of any suit). Then either place Lilith next to the tot to take out the enemy model or if you have something like Nekima/Mature/Barbaros within 6" of Lilith they can be placed next to the tot and then the tot next to Lilith into safety.

Works for a number of different schemes. Imagine:

Plant evidence: Same as above but place a doppelganger within 6" into engagement replacing the tot. Doppelganger activates and interacts to place a marker within 3" of enemy models.

Deliver a message: If you get someone engaged with enemy leader who has already activated (ie your model uses all it's AP just to walk near enough), tangle shadows with your own model and place another model that has not yet activated next to enemy leader to del a message.

Make them suffer. Bait a minion or peon into engagement with a weak model and tangle shadows to place Lilith next to your weak model to kill the enemy model.

Or defensively if you have bodyguard on someone who gets engaged and may take a beating. Tangle shadows with them to swap places with another model within 6" of Lilith to get them to safety.

Lots of amazing uses and if you are doing it on a friendly model you only need a 9 so don't need to use high cards doing it as isn't resisted!

The range of the Ca is 12 so you can target someone 12 away meaning Lilith can be placed into base contact with the target. So technically you could actually go further than 12 if you place her on the other side of the target. The 6" refers to a friendly model you want to move but as you are moving Lilith the 6" does not apply. It is the range of the "spell" you want to be looking at

• Like 1