Map Design Ideas

spectrehorseman

So I have an idea that I'd love to develop further.  I used to play a lot of Call of Duty online.  It seems to me that some of the map layouts for that game would make a wonderful transition over to a map layout for Malifaux.  Most of the COD maps were designed with shooting lanes and multiple flanking routes. A typical COD map would have 3 lanes of traffic.

Here is a Jungle Map layout from Black Ops 1.

Map_Jungle_BO.png

As you can see, the grid system is already laid out and this would make transitioning this to a live action board even easier.  Since Malifaux is played on a 3 x 3 board, I could use grids B2-B5, C2-C5 and D2-D5. Of course playing with it just a little to make up for the dead space in B2 and D4.

The map has multiple levels including a sniper hill and bridge plus a swamp area. So naturally, I'm thinking this could turn into a Gremlin Home.

In game pics

Jungles.jpg

bg-jungle.jpg

I have even thought about adopting some of the game types in COD for Malifaux, such as Capture the Flag and Headquarters.

Any other Call of Duty players that also play Malifaux that think this idea could work?

Spectre, no reason this wouldn't work. You can draw inspiration for a table layout from anywhere, I think. I agree that the layout seems great for Malifaux. I personally really like the idea of topography like the sniper hill you mention. If you do this, post some pictures for us, please.