Might we get an update on TtB?

Forar

I do not understand the people who backed an RPG just to get a model. Its cool and a nice thrown in, but the point was to create a malifaux rpg not a hannah model. At least with Fall schematic there was an entire separate tier for models.

I'll tell you exactly why; Nightmare Lord Chompy Bits.

I imagine at least some people didn't want to pass up an opportunity to get what could potentially be the next $200-250+ rare/limited edition figure for only $125 (possibly plus shipping).  By that standard, it's a gamble, but could be half price, plus a significant pile of other stuff.  Even if that's more than Hannah ends up going for, getting a Miss Terious (if one backed early enough), Santana, the books, a fate deck, and the MPMs adds up to a pretty significant amount of extra swag.

Even at retail prices, that tier contains a pretty massive amount of stuff.

... I'm now forced to reflect on what the gaming room tier actually gets over the dining room tier.  $111 for the hardcover, an extra fate deck, the hanging tree and the plush wicked doll?  Am I forgetting something?

I'll tell you exactly why; Nightmare Lord Chompy Bits.

I imagine at least some people didn't want to pass up an opportunity to get what could potentially be the next $200-250+ rare/limited edition figure for only $125 (possibly plus shipping).  By that standard, it's a gamble, but could be half price, plus a significant pile of other stuff.  Even if that's more than Hannah ends up going for, getting a Miss Terious (if one backed early enough), Santana, the books, a fate deck, and the MPMs adds up to a pretty significant amount of extra swag.

Even at retail prices, that tier contains a pretty massive amount of stuff.

... I'm now forced to reflect on what the gaming room tier actually gets over the dining room tier.  $111 for the hardcover, an extra fate deck, the hanging tree and the plush wicked doll?  Am I forgetting something?

That's the fun of the speculation market, sometimes you lose hard. The thing everyone seems to forget about the early nightmare models, is that they were made in the earlier days of Malifaux before it started getting fairly popular. Its why the new nightmares don't get anywhere as close as what the old ones did. Its like the comic market, old comic are valuable because they are rare, not because they are comics. There are probably far fewer Nightmare Chompys than there are will be of Hannah even if they only produce exactly enough for the kickstarter.

You're right on the differences for the gaming room tier. Hardcover version of the two books combined, the doll, the deck, and a tree. Not a huge jump, but I like the idea of having my two primary books in one easy reference and saves me from having to constantly pass a player guide around the group.

Don't forget that Living Room gets the Hardcover while Dining Room gets Hannah and (as of the stretch goals) an extra set of Male and Female Multipose Minis.

So the differences between both of the $125 levels versus the Gaming Room level will be dependent upon which $125 level was selected plus the ever-depreciating Hanging Trees that will be flooding the market.

There are a lot of problems with kickstarter, mostly people still perceiving it in the same way as pre-orders and companies treating it like a pre-order system (looking at you CMoN and Battlefront). However I do not understand the people who backed an RPG just to get a model. Its cool and a nice thrown in, but the point was to create a malifaux rpg not a hannah model. At least with Fall schematic there was an entire separate tier for models.

The problem is that that is essentially the way that Wyrd has approached Kickstarter. As such, when people complain because that is how they backed it, they are not unjustified.

The problem is that that is essentially the way that Wyrd has approached Kickstarter. As such, when people complain because that is how they backed it, they are not unjustified.

Correct. Like Boshea was saying about the precedent set by Wyrd and other game companies on Kickstarter, they do treat it as a pre-order system, at a significant discount over MSRP even, in order to have the funding with which to develop and manufacture said product, so as to make profit from the actual product release.

I agree that, for or against the end result, M2E development should not have begun until after they put a bow on Through the Breach and got it into our hands. Starting another Kickstarter before delivering on this one, also not a good idea, even if it was merely a collaboration / Wyrd Produced game. It still had their name on it, and although it was funded, it was still poorly timed and in bad taste.

That's the fun of the speculation market, sometimes you lose hard. The thing everyone seems to forget about the early nightmare models, is that they were made in the earlier days of Malifaux before it started getting fairly popular. Its why the new nightmares don't get anywhere as close as what the old ones did. Its like the comic market, old comic are valuable because they are rare, not because they are comics. There are probably far fewer Nightmare Chompys than there are will be of Hannah even if they only produce exactly enough for the kickstarter.

A) I never said anything about losing on the speculation aspect.  I said that Hannah alone might hit as much as the Dining Room tier, which is half of what NLCB was selling for, and roughly in the range I've seen some Miss Terious' and Santanas selling for.  Add in a Miss Terious (if one backed early enough), four MPMs and the books, and I can't see the Dining room being a loss at all.  That was my point; you questioned why people would back just for a figure, I pointed out that across those 6-7 figures, it'd be pretty hard to 'lose money' just going in for those.  The books, character pad and fate deck just sweeten the deal/add more things to sell to recoup costs if one wasn't interested.

B) I'm not so sure about the "there will be far fewer NLCBs than Hannahs", but that could be splitting hairs on the use of "far fewer".  ~900 Hannahs, in global terms, and considering how many will presumably be kept, means there may not be all that many available on the secondary market, especially once the initial wash of them (dozens, perhaps?) passes.  Considering how many times 'a small patch of NLCBs' were found in the warehouse during the year and a half I was paying attention, I'd guess there are hundreds of them 'in the wild'.  So there may be literally more Hannahs, but I don't consider, say, 900 versus 300 (or however big the NLCB run was) to be a massive difference.  Unless Wyrd opens up a couple thousand during an Easter sale or something, I imagine they'll be pretty hard to come by after not too long.

Edit: C: Let's put it this way: the hanging tree, Santana and Miss Terious are all selling, as of recent completed auctions on Ebay, between $70 and $120 apiece.  You can cut those numbers by 2/3 (to reflect the increased supply) down to 20-40 apiece and the Diving Room still comes out well on top.  8 figures that only need to be $20 apiece to break even, regardless of international shipping or not?  The Dining Room was a solid deal, no matter how we cut it.

Edit D: As long as Hannah's KS sculpt remains the only way to get the model, the demand might significantly outweigh the supply.  NLCB is an awesome model, but one can get a totally workable LCB at a wide array of stores, online and retail alike.  There will be just one way to get ahold of Hannah (for those who are tired of proxying, at least).

Don't forget that Living Room gets the Hardcover while Dining Room gets Hannah and (as of the stretch goals) an extra set of Male and Female Multipose Minis.

So the differences between both of the $125 levels versus the Gaming Room level will be dependent upon which $125 level was selected plus the ever-depreciating Hanging Trees that will be flooding the market.

I was specifically referring to the Dining Room tier, since that one seems to better fit what I wanted, at least in hindsight.  Especially once Santana got added to the Dining Room.

Not so much a complaint, just realizing that I could've saved myself $110 and be that much less frustrated had I stuck with a lower tier.

Oh aye, I know (I'm English, I think its 8 pounds back home just for them to tell you you owe them fees for a package). But one may slip under the threshold for getting hit with charges, was my meaning. It might not of course, and it will depend on the country, but a single book might just make it through.

Oh aye, I know (I'm English, I think its 8 pounds back home just for them to tell you you owe them fees for a package). But one may slip under the threshold for getting hit with charges, was my meaning. It might not of course, and it will depend on the country, but a single book might just make it through.

With my luck with customs I'll probably end up getting both rewards stuck In customs, some times those customs letters sounds more like a blackmail letter "Pay the mentioned amount or you'll never se your package" thats not what the letter says directly but its very close.

8 pounds thats cheap, here its more like 15 to 30 pounds.

How about a large hardcover book and 4 multi pose minis?

Rhetorical, just pointing out in a roundabout fashion that the second package may be more than just a book.  Possibly by a considerable margin, depending on how big the MPM boxes are.

Had they offered a digital only tier, those would be our happy campers, even though that was delayed as well.

That's not entirely true. The PDF's don't have the bookmarks that make them usable during play. However, that's still a fair clip better than not having products.

Pretty stoked to finally have copies in hand.

That's not entirely true. The PDF's don't have the bookmarks that make them usable during play. However, that's still a fair clip better than not having products.

Pretty stoked to finally have copies in hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't we add bookmarks to pdf files?

Don't hold back, IWLU!  Tell us how you really feel!

:-P

Had posted a comment via phone, but apparently my phone hadn't shown me the rest of the comments since the one I was trying to reply to. It wouldn't let me delete my post either, so "..." it is. :P

What I was going to say, though, was in regards to customs charges. Definitely gotta file that under nice idea, poor execution, unless, as someone on the Kickstarter comments has said, that he contacted Wyrd and they're going to hold off and send it all to him in one package, the initial rewards and the hardcover plus Multipart Minis.

With that being said, it might behoove Wyrd to pre-emptively contact any and all non-US backers to offer that as an option. Call it damage control. At this point, Wyrd needs all the damage control it can get.

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't we add bookmarks to pdf files?

Some PDF viewers have clonky "tag bookmarks" stuff, but to make a real nice nested table of contents, you need a full version of a PDF editing software. It took me two hours to add good bookmarks to mine, and considering that is fairly standard issue for most digital copies I'm pretty surprised that it wasn't done here for ours.

For an example of what PDFs for game rulebooks should look like, check out Deathwatch. I mean, Fantasy Flight makes some delightful games, but their actual rulebooks are loosely organized garbage and even THEY have a good table of contents on most of their PDFs.

TL/DR; for a reference PDF, it should have had bookmarks made already.

• Like 2