Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

I actually think that the "Tormented of Malifaux" will be the Nightmare edition. It looked like a crew with Jackdaw.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/malifaux/tormented-malifaux-previewed-twitter/

It was previewed on twitter by Eric J.

The Guilty and Jack both look awesome!

Lady Legia and Montresor on the other hand look unbelievably generic IMO.  When Montessor was upgraded to the big base I expected something epic, not Lurch holding a noose.  Lady Legia looks like a NPC you could use as an objective, very little personality.

• Like 1

Nightmare Leveticus or Nightmare Lucius or I'll give it all a pass :P

Of course, if you have the plastic Leveticus crew up for sale I'm probably going to get it from you anyway...I just really want a big nightmarish Desolation Engine that'll never see play because it's an urban legend XD

• Like 1

I'm aware of that. I'm curious what people think it will look like. Some nightmares, e.g. Dead Justice, have been a large departure from the non-nightmare version, but the existing Tara crew looks like what you would expect from the story information in the M2E book. So how will they differentiate the non-nightmare crew?

• Like 1

I'm aware of that. I'm curious what people think it will look like. Some nightmares, e.g. Dead Justice, have been a large departure from the non-nightmare version, but the existing Tara crew looks like what you would expect from the story information in the M2E book. So how will they differentiate the non-nightmare crew?

By that logic, Tara is a little girl with a rubber sword, Karina a little girl with a slingshot, Nothing Beast is a stuffed octopus and the void wretches are squirrels :P

By that logic, Tara is a little girl with a rubber sword, Karina a little girl with a slingshot, Nothing Beast is a stuffed octopus and the void wretches are squirrels :P

Shut up and take my money! :) ROFL... Were this the case, then Kid Tara and Dreamer could have awesome adventures around Malifaux riding their respective beasties like Falcor... Yup, Wyrd this is a sure-fire money printer.

• Like 1

This started out good, awesome even, then you got to the tree rats and it's just another NIGHTMARE! ;) 

• Like 1

Oh man oh man! :D

Even though I cannot make it to GenCon, (curse being broke and English... and made out of wood!)

Can't wait for the GenCon section on the Wyrd shop to open!

Can't wait to get my wooden hands on the TTB stuff (if any) and crossroads (if present)!

Did I forget to mention that I CAN'T WAIT!?  :P

What would a non-nightmare Tara crew look like?

I imagine the "normal" Tara crew box will be pretty similar, and that it was more of a "Nightmare Nothing Beast," as he is quite huge. I would guess the Void Wretches may even be the same sculpts, and then a smaller NB, and different sculpts for Tara and Karina (and hopefully a more dynamic sculpt for Tara than her just standing there symmetrically).

I would imagine Tara wouldn't have her monster arm. Smaller Nothing Beast, and the void wretches probably would be the same or perhaps a bit smaller. Karina would maybe be just a different pose or maybe even just the same. After all, the Dreamer was the same sculpt between Nightmare and regular editions, only LCB changed. 

Its getting really close to con time, have they announced any of the releases yet, aside from the book, arsenal decks, and scheme and strat deck? Can't go, and with a new baby not a lot of discretionary money this year, but very interested in seeing what might be there. I assume Malifaux Showdown might make an appearance as well.

• Like 1

It's still 3 and a half weeks, so it's not particularly late yet for announcements I thought.

Especially given they've had several issues this year with supply, so they'll be holding off until the very last minute to check the stuff that is actually in their hands until saying it might be at GenCon (we all remember the Oiran last year...).

I'd guess two weeks out from GenCon is likely for an announcement - any stuff arriving later won't necessarily be in time to get packed, so they'll have a more solid definitive list of what's going.

I am still regretting not picking up the Tara crew at Gen Con last year.

Yeah, I too regret not picking it up when I had the chance. My other half is a crazy Lovecraft fan, the Nothing Beast is so Lovecraftian, it was perfect - but I didn't click 'buy'. I feel like such a plonker now.

I am so excited to see what is coming for Gencon, I think its going to be a curveball of a Nightmare edition this year! No evidence to support my theory, just a gut feeling :-D