Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

Would love something as epic as the Dead Justice box.

I agree.  I want to see a Nightmare Edition for a character or crew that you do not typically think of as "horrific."  Molly, Seamus, and Jack Daw, are all too easy as their concepts are pretty terrifying to begin with.

Let's see something like Nightmare Colette or Nightmare Misaki.  I could even go for a nightmare Gremlin crew as it is guaranteed to be bizarre.

• Like 1

Nightmare Outcasts (Tara), Nightmare Guild (Justice), Nightmare Neverborn (Dreamer and Teddy).  Sounds like Arcanists or Ressers are due their nightmares.

As much as a Nightmare Collette, Kirai, or Molly set would tickle me, I think that the master that would benefit most from a Nightmare treatment might be Marcus (especially a Nightmare Marcus Avatar).

I worked this out at one point...

From the speculation thread:

There's been a nightmare set for guild (and ressers sort of), neverborn, terrain (and outcasts as proxy Montresor) and outcasts (again sort of ressers too). So I would say it's less likely (though not impossible) that the nightmare set will be any of those. That leaves arcanists, ten thunders and gremlins.

The Miss models have been arcanist, guild, resser and outcast, leaving neverborn, ten Thunders and gremlins. Of course, the fall schematic mentioned Miss Direction, which could be relevant or could not be. 

There's been other limited models such as the gremlinette and santana, covering guild, gremlins, and neverborn/outcasts (if you count the EBO models and TtB hannah). That leaves arcanists, ressers, and ten thunders.

So I'd say if balancing them across factions is a priority, there's a good chance of a ten thunders nightmare or miss model. Next most likely for a nightmare would be gremlins, then arcanists. Ten thunders would seem likely for at least one of them, given their lack of anything in their native faction so far. Between those factions they seem to have the least limiteds, but 1) it's not exactly clear cut given cross faction stuff, and 2) it assumes faction balance and not cool factor is the primary driving force.

So I suspect something ten thunders, with a gremlin too. Arcanists would be my next bet, but my big guess is something 10T.

Yeah, I skipped over 10T because I figured that, with so much new stuff already coming out for them anyway, someone else would get the Nightmare.

Miss Direction as a female version of a 10T multi-faction master (Janet Lynch?  queues the Time Warp) would be just about perfect, though.

It was clarified in the Fall Schematic KS page comments that Miss Direction will be an alt. sculpt of an unreleased Outcast with the Mercenary trait. I'll edit in with the proof in just a moment.

Edit:

Drawn By Clouds on April 15

Hi All, 
A few things. We have been INCREDIBLY busy these last two weeks as the kickstarter has brought a lot of attention to these games and the project, Far far more than our 2-4 person operation anticipated. We have some big news coming tomorrow for everyone involved in the kickstarter (it's good news!).

Miss Direction will be a mercenary outcast, useable by anyone who can choose mercenaries! So she'll be an good option for many crews.

Thank you all for the continued support, I am looking forward to sharing the future of Fall Schematic with everyone!

and

"Miss Direction will appear in an upcoming issue of the Wyrd Chronicles where you can learn about this new **Outcast** (and her sister, which will be the standard sculpt)." (emphasis mine)

• Like 1

What I expect to be there

Zoraida box
Ophelia box
Brewmaster box
Von Schill box
Leveticus box
Yan Lo (M2E cards included)

Lucas McCabe (M2E cards included)

Through The Breach

Nightmare edition model to go with one of the above (still holding out for the Whiskey Golem)

Wave 2 book and decks

new fate decks

Possible

Kaeris box

Molly box

Jack Daw box

Nekima

Dreamer box

Effigies

McTavish

Lucius box

Taxidermist

Improbable

everything else

• Like 1

I actually think that the "Tormented of Malifaux" will be the Nightmare edition. It looked like a crew with Jackdaw.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/malifaux/tormented-malifaux-previewed-twitter/

It was previewed on twitter by Eric J.

Personally I am hoping for a NM Leveticus box, with the DE as the nightmare centerpiece. I doubt it's JD if only because nothing but the Guilty minions scream "Nightmare" to me, and then even marginally.

~Lil Kalki

This would kind of annoy me if the KS backers hadn't gotten their copies yet.

I've never understood the "if I can't have it no one can" mentality of crowd fund backers.

Sure, it's annoying that you didn't get it before people who didn't back, but you will still get your extra shinies, plus when you do, you will have more readily available opponents.

• Like 3