Misaki Help wanted

johnnyd6992

hi all i have been playing malifaux for a few years. I have been using lilith and mei feng normally, but have got hold of misaki and want to know how best to play her and what compliments her. also if i need to get any extra models or run her as 10 t or outcasts all input is welcome

thanks in advance.

what i have is

Misaki

Shang

1 x torage

2 x ten thunder archers

1 x ten thunder brother

1 x yamiziko

1 x fuhatsu

i cant get hold of the actual box set as wyrd are not selling it at the moment.

once again any help in play styles, upgrades, extra models needed will help immensly.

Seems like you have the core of a strong Misaki crew there. Don't forget if Misaki is being played as Ten Thunders you also have access to stuff from Mei Feng's crew. Rail Workers and especially Kang (if you're playing against non-Living enemies) can be nice additions for her.

Recalled Training is an awesome upgrade. I rarely play Misaki without it. From there it depends on your playstyle and what the scheme pool is. Stalking Bisento is nice for the free attack, but does make it possible for your opponent to direct where she moves to and catch her in an ambush.

My most recent couple of blog posts cover my first forays into playing Misaki if you're interested. I really should get another update posted...

Stalking Bisento is nice for the free attack, but does make it possible for your opponent to direct where she moves to and catch her in an ambush.

Is that right Mike? My reading of the card is that Misaki only has the option to walk towards the Stalked target. If it isn't in her interests to do so, she can choose not to take advantage of this.

Yeh its "may" take a walk action so you dont have to. But if you do it has to be directly toward the target the fully movement.

My Misaki load out is usually Misdirection (always its amazing), recalled training(also always) then about 90% of the time disguise. As it combos really well with her trigger next target, and also her deadly dance. For example misaki can charge into an enemy beatstick then next target away into something that has already activated this turn so she is within 2 inches of it for misdirection and randomising shots. Also you can for example charge a beatstick, hit it twice, push away on the 2nd attack and use deadly dance(assuming they have a 2inch melee range) meaning they walk up to you, you discard a card and push away out of melee so she cant really be touched.

I recently made the switch to 10t and misaki has been my first master I will say i've enjoyed playing her a lot more than i thought i would as i usually like tricky control masters. After playing 8 or so games, there is still depth there in her play style. You will probably lose her the first few games but that'll also teach you how much of a beating she can take.

Misaki combined with Yamaziko on turf war can be incredibly brutal, the amount of melee blast attacks coming at the enemy is amazing!

I usually see two different types of Misaki:  Killy Misaki (aka stalking bisento), if you think you can score based on killing one or two models, almost regardless of what they are, this is often the way to go.  Assassinate, Murder Protege, Reckoning, Make Them Suffer all work very well here.

The second type is as mentioned above, misdirection and disguise.  With the ability to freely move out of melee, inability to be charged, and misdirect, plus bulletproof, Misaki is nearly impossible to remove for any reasonable amount of effort.  This can be used when she needs to hold some ground and anchor a point (such as Squatter's Rights or Turf War) to great effect.

Also, and I can't recommend them enough, Torakage are the best thing since sliced bread.  Use them, teleport them, love them.

Thanks so far. Any ideas on how to enlarge the crew? Looking to stay 10t and probably use the Japanese influence.

Mei Feng.

Gives you another Master for variety and Kang is just generally 'good' - especially against Ressers.

Or the Viks boxset will give you an alternative Outcast Master, with Ronin which will work well in an Outcast Misaki crew (and aren't extremely overpriced hiring them as mercenaries if you are still playing Misaki as 10T).

• 2 weeks later...

I've really felt that Misaki works really well with any models. She does her own thing while the rest of the crew does theirs. Probably my favorite ability is her freedom to charge whatever she wants. If done properly this is awesome for keeping her alive for an extra turn or 2. If she is getting low on wounds get her out of combat by charging something that has already activated, or that you know you can kill. Sidir also seems to work well at keeping her alive in a pinch.