Gremelins release dates??

glacius

Element Games (UK) has Som'er available. As of this moment it shows 13 in stock. I'm tempted but I only want to get my hands on Johana which was rumored to be with Som'er's box. Can anybody confirm this?

-EDIT-

Scratch that, Hellfire show on their site that a bonus model is included. I've gone and bought Som'er anyway! 

Element Games (UK) has Som'er available. As of this moment it shows 13 in stock. I'm tempted but I only want to get my hands on Johana which was rumored to be with Som'er's box. Can anybody confirm this?

-EDIT-

Scratch that, Hellfire show on their site that a bonus model is included. I've gone and bought Som'er anyway!

Johanna is actually on the Som'er sprue.

I am really hoping Johanna is available in other crew boxes, I am not re-purchasing Som'er's crew box for her and a handful of new Bayou Gremlin's that I can purchase separately already (especially since I already own Som'er, Lenny, more Bayou Gremlin's than I will likely use and 4 Skeeters).

Oversized totems are the new black. Having a totem that actually fits on its base seems like a bit of a fashion faux pass in malifaux.

Wait until you see the Young LaCroix! Huuuuuge! I heard from an inside source that Wyrd are considering moving them to 50mm base size. Mostly due to the hats, though.

So'mer Teeth sure is a pain in the butt to assemble. The waist chain piece didn't even come close to fiting snugly. After many filing sessions I finally got it to fit but it is still protruding. There are a lot of gaps that will need to be filled as well.  This has been the most labor intensive model I've assembled so far..

EDIT: scratch that. Just assembled one of the bayou gremlins. His arms are barely hanging on by a piece of super glue.  NOTE to WYRD.  Whenever you make a weapon that has one arm and one hand on it and then you expect us to attach separately, a piece of forarm to the model and to the hand, it is extremely difficult to line these up properly.  The GW Marauder Horsemen suffered from this exact same fate.

I won't disagree with the desirability of larger contact points, but you're NOT doing yourself a favour using super glue. Cyanoacrylate (super glue) needs a large surface to be effective. Plastic cement will weld the pieces together so that the joint will be almost as strong as the plastic is. Sure, better contact points will definitely make it easier to put together, but with plastic cement even small joints turn out quite strong...

• Like 1

A good advice is to not apply the cement directly on small parts as it's really easy to get too much. Add a blob to a pallette and apply just a tiny amount to each surface before pressing them together. Also, a very thin glue (like Tamiya Extra Thin Cement) will let you apply less cement for a thin and even layer...

Sometimes there can be rather a lot of cement on the applicator, but you can wipe some off on a tissue (much like ecxess paint from a brush) if you feel you're in danger of "drowning" a part in cement. It works wonders on tiny bits, just make sure you get cement on both parts, and that you manage to get them together before the thin layer dries! :-)