*I must remember to do schemes/strategies rather than killing stuff*

Ahem.... I feel I *really* need to remember this.... but at least my stuff is painted! :P

The middle one or the bottom one.

The middle one shows off more of the painting thanks to the pose, but has a slight glare on the shorter sword in his left hand (our right)

The bottom one is a better photograph, but the pose doesn't show off the painting as well.

Maybe re-photo the middle one with him facing the camera slightly more?

I love the blade glow: Subtle I think is always better with OSL: too strong and it just looks like a section of the model got splattered with (say, orange) paint. I love the notion of the blades being heated by the pure arcane power, but even the brightest 'fiery steel' glow wouldn't overwhelm sunlight!

Keep up the awesome!

• Like 1

So I made a start on Marcus this evening and as usual made a balls-up of the eyes. I went away and looked for some tips and came across the idea of painting the eyes first! I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. Still, eyes are going to be my next thing to try and improve on, I'm hoping Myranda and the Family will look a lot better than what I've tried so far.

Lovely models as always Vaiuri! They always look so crisp.

I think you're doing a cracking job with the OSL, it all looks very realistic.

Not quite sure what you're not so keen on with your fire. The only thing that springs to mind stems from a tutorial I read when doing my Pyre Troll. They mentioned that Fire (realistic stuff) never actually gets red in colour, there's always a hint of orange.

Also, is that the Blood for the Blood God paint on his wounds? Looking good! (Not for him of course)

It IS BFTBG yes :)  Although I realised afterwards that I probably should have varnished him before using it as I don't know how it will behave with a varnish over the top - only one way to find out I guess!

I'm happy to have gotten some more models finished, it's spurred me on to do more tonight, maybe I'll crack on with Sonnia or possibly one of these guys...

I've also made a base for a Metal Gamin that's half badlands/half scrapyard so I can use him with Mei Feng (scrap bases) or Marcus (badlands).  The plan is for him to have pushed his way through a wire fence, the fence is behind him, the wire all twisted and broken where he's touched it and melted his way though.  All great ideas, let's see how well it comes out in practice!

It's nice to know that there are other people out there agonising over what to do with cross-crew models and their bases - I've got one model that I've got to try and get three different elements into their basing so that they've got representation from all of the various factors. At least I have sensibly decided to only have faction-specific, not crew specific. That would just drive me nuts.

So, when are we going to get to see some of you guys down at the NWGC on a Wednesday night? We should all be down next week.

• 2 weeks later...